Disfellowshipped but still forced to pay maintenance or alimony

by Markw1509 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Markw1509
    Markw1509

Thanks, ruderedhead.

I actually went back to court three years ago and had the maintenance reduced from £700 to £300 per month.

My ex was angry, but had to accept it.

Nothing has changed since that moment, so I don't have any valid reason to get it changed. Yet.

If things change, I will go back to court. As I mentioned, it's the principle....have nothing to do with him in any way, but still take his money!

Thanks and best wishes

Mark

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One situation has nothing to do with the other one. The courts are not the WT. You have a legal and moral obligation to pay.

Maintenance and alimony are not dependent on your ex-wife social skills. The relationship is over. I suggest you meet with a lawyer or report it the judge's clerk if you suspect she is not receiving the money. If you are interested in your next relationship, I always found a man complaining about alimony payments to be a flashing neon sign to move out of the way.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Start hand delivering it. Don't mail it. Lol.

she will let you out of it if she has to see you to get it

• adamah
    adamah

Comatose said-

Start hand delivering it. Don't mail it. Lol. she will let you out of it if she has to see you to get it

LOL! Until she files a restraining order that demanding that he remain 1/4 of a mile away (and then he's back to having to mail it).

Adam

• Markw1509
    Markw1509

LOL Adam

Thanks for that. Though it might be fun to try it once.

I still pay 300 GBP per month (by bank transfer, as she is 300 miles away).

I will continue paying because Caesar told me too, and I don't want a court order against my name.

Just wondered about people's opinions on her still taking on the money, yet rejecting any other contact, as it's 'unscriptural'.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd send her the cheques by snail mail on personalized stationery. Spray it with Axe.

http://www.zazzle.ca/stick_devil_custom_stationery-229952704738857903

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Actually, I was referring specifically to the 'alimony' that my ex-wife gets, and whether it is right for her to take the money, even though she has shunned me and has absolutely nothing to do with me.

The alimony--which judges award only in special circumstances-- is your wife's portion of the divorce settlement. So yes, it is proper for her to take the money regardless of whether she wants anything to do with you.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Go to court, fight to gain visitation rights, if you are in California

or most States or Canada you have rights of visitation and no religion can

override this. Who knows one day your kind and generous and loving conduct

may save your child from the WT society and free your daughter when she gets older.

Don't be vengeful or resentful or neglectful, stand up, be a man, and that means take

responsibility for your daughter and fight for her in court. Its amazing how appearing

in court and having a Judge order your wife to give you custody on specified times,

will have an effect on her. She is already trained to obey authority figures.

You can do it. Do not back down, let your daughter know you are fighting for her.

Lots of fathers turn their back on their children, then blame the ex-wife.

Your wife does not count here, its not her you need to see, its your daughter.

You cannot jerk your wife around to do what you want her do, and she cannot

deny you access to your daughter, get it straight what this is about.

Its not about punishing your ex-wife, though many men do that.

You need to support your offspring and you need access to your daughter.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah the Dubs are hypocritical bunch of bastards. If they are so adamant that you are such a bad person they would refuse the child support. Otherwise by them accepting the support, they would have to agree to visitation rights for you. They cannot have it both ways.

• LogCon
    LogCon

The society would never, ever reject money coming their way or the way of the faithful. Actually, it's the same thing. In your ex's hands is as good as in their hands. You could be running guns to Afganistan, you could be selling moonshine in Arkansas, you could be the next leader of North Korea. Any money you send would be snatched up quickly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit