It appears the Ex-JW community is having a huge impact on the way funerals are being handled at the KH

by StoneWall 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

on the one hand, this is certainly a good thing, although I doubt it is organizational policy, if it were, we would see a letter from the Organization

on the other hand, in some ways the Organization is trying to put on a softer appearance now days, however, as long as they continue to influence so much control on friendships, education, shunning, etc., the softening in some areas just makes it easier for the mind to go along with the cult

• hoser
    hoser

I went to a jw funeral a few years ago of a relative. The elder went off the outline quite a bit. I told him at the graveside that I really liked his talk.

He told me that he doesnt follow the outline anymore because at a funeral he did a worldly relative came to him upset that the talk was just an advertisement for the jws. The relative was very angry

The last I went to was watchtower approved. A company man elder gave the funeral and it was about 2 minutes of the life of the person and the rest was watchtower propaganda mixed with guilt/threats for the inactive relatives that if they ever wanted to see their relative again they'd better start attending the meetings again.

hoser

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OTWO, they have had the examples of tossing out the outline for Governing Body members and other important JW's to go by.

Could you clarify? What are you referring to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit