Thinking of joining the Masons

by greenhornet 17 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Hello all, can anyone give me some inputt on the Masons. Im always leary about cults and joining groups. But the Masons seem ok too me.

I want to join because of new freinds and just network with people. I did like most of the Jws when I was young because of the networking. But now I know they are are just conditail freinds ETC. you guys know am not going to preach to the chior. You all know what conditail freinds are.

(wow were is spelling check) I really need it because of my Awake education LOL

• Fernando
    Fernando

I would hesitate to join a group that is not totally transparent, open and honest - and which has strong detractors - without detailed prior research including careful examination of ex-members experiences and insights.

(BTW Microsoft Word is great for spell checking.
    Simply click inside your post before you "submit",
    then select (Ctrl + A), copy (Ctrl + C) and then
    paste (Ctrl + V) into a blank MS Word document).

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I recently read up on Masons, as my friend married one. I'd keep reading if I were you. Aren't there some other networking groups in your area?

• crossquestions6995
    crossquestions6995

I suggest reading Albert Pikes "morals and dogma" hes like the grandfather of masonry. And he explicitly states that the god thwy worship is Lucifer thw light bearer. And once ur initiated then ur oaths to the lodge get incresingly more... "occultic" I guess u can say. And C.T Russell was a mason and buried in a masonic grave yard. So that tells you a little about what kind of characters they churn out.

Plus as was stated in another response. They are a "secret society" so if u had any problems with JW's ur in for a whole new level of deception.

The lower levels are seem "harmless" but the power structure is not. So reasearch both sides before u pledge ur allegence to a secret society

• ZuluTime
    ZuluTime

Green hornet,

My dad is a Scottish Freemason and has served in several distinctions. It appears to me that he enjoys it for fellowship and networking. Feeemasons are not a religion but they do require a belief in a higher power. Basically there are different types. My dad spends at least $10,000 or more year on his own with various Scottish paraphernalia. It is a very costly thing if you're in the Scottish order,

I've attended ,pmany functions and know many Freemasons, they are just regular guys who are looking for camraderie, They get off dressing up on the first Monday of the month and that's about all I can offer,

Charles Russell was not recorded into an Masonic order or right. Those are just rumors, as for his grave, it does appear Masonic, but there is no document or history that places C.T as a mason (in my research)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Want a drinking club? Sure go...

Want to wear a suit and be spanked whilst blindfolded .....sure go

Unless you are joining in Washington DC where you can get paly and share a KFC bucket with power brokers, why bother?

join a pub darts team and avoid the blindfolded spanking....

snare x

i wasn't joking.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

I dont know why you would want to go from one control group to another,from the frying pan to the fire.But thats just me.

smiddy

• dog is god
    dog is god

Don't.

• cofty
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you can stomach the silly rituals and the structured pretentiousness within a group think cult.... go for it.

Also most Masons are elderly men in there 60's and up so be aware of that as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit