Death- most in the truth do well with it.....really?

by DS211 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DS211
    DS211

Ok so at dinner we talked about death and how hard it is to deal with. Sister A goes "oh well people in the truth react different, they do well because they are in the truth. They know theyll see them again soon."

Really? Because other people cant cope but JW's can? Good lord what haughty BS! Youre right people who died in 1920 were comforted because the new system was around the corner...pathetic.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The reason they outwardly appear to cope well with death is because of thought stopping, not because of faith.

Unlike people in mainstream religions who also believe in the afterlife. They think, "I know I'll see him again" too, but they continue with, "but I'll allow myself the natural emotional reaction to having to adjust to not seeing him right now."

• adamah
    adamah

Well, in a sense, she's correct: people who successfully delude themselves into believing something will never happen to them (like death) or they will see loved ones again after they're resurrected generally DO have one less thing to worry about: death!

Is it real? Of course not, and that's only ONE reason why so many resist learning TTATT: it's quite painful to accept the cold hard reality that they'll never EVER see that loved one again, and they'll often experience delayed grieving process for those they previously assumed would be resurrected to be reunited with them (it's part of the wicked cruelty of the JW beliefs, telling people a lie they WANT to accept as true).

Adam

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Rebel and Adam, so true.

After awakening and even now, I am feeling a tremendous loss that I didn't experience at the time. Loss is supposed to get easier with time but I think that is only true if one doesn't suppress their natural emotional response to a loved one's death.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Jehovah's Witnesses definately handle death better than non-believers. We're the only organization that applies 1 Thess 4:13-18 as we have not only a hope, but a hope that we believe in and share with others. In other words, we're not content with maintaining a secret about the condition of the dead, but we want others to know this as well so that they may gain comfort. We're the only organization following Christ's attitude towards death in that we recognize those not alive amongst us, are simply asleep.-Matt 9:24

• Comatose
    Comatose

I wonder if any of the governing body are buggering each other right now? Maybe playing naughty games with a young bethel brother. What do you think SFPW?

• DS211
    DS211

Actually SFTW you ignore verse 14...and you have a fleshly hope--earthly hope...whereas your leaders have held to the hypocritical Pharisees in Matthew whom lock up the kingdom of heaven. youre in a cult mAte, wake up...Do real research for a change. Not just in the wt bubble. Dont forget to check you kingdom interlinear on the JW app :-)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've seen JWs face mortality and I've seen non-Jws face mortality. Here are my observations: JWs aren't usually afraid of it because they don't believe they'll get tortured in hell for a mistake. But, I've noticed they're a lot more averse to it, because they are told all their lives it is not natural and they will never die. They feel like by dying they're being cheated out of life, and therefore are disappointed and a bit scared. Non JWs I've noticed will fight just as hard as JWs to avoid dying, like getting treatment and eating well, but they're more sanguine about it when the time approaches, if they know their affairs are in order, accepting death as part of life.

But of course these are just generalisations. Everyone handles his or her mortality differently. Read Cancer Ward by Solzhenitsyn as it narrates many characters and how they deal with death: some scared, some depressed, some feel cheated, some are prepared for it and see it as something inevitable. I think with JWs not seeing it as inevitable like non-JWs, I know for my part, I feared it more as a JW than I do now.

• rmt1
    rmt1

My bucket list item was higher education in science. Prior to that I was terrified of flying. Now that I feel I've used my proverbial talent wisely, I cannot complain Too loudly if it's my time to go. One thing I fundamentally disagree with is the gestalt zeitgeist of sophisticated, discriminating elan when someone opines that they wouldn't want to live forever. I can only surmise they really do not know how much they do not know. There's a lot to see in this session of universe-existence, just in our own local Hubble volume. There are other Hubble volumes, as well. Generally the things that keep you engaged are the interfaces between the rule and the exceptions to the rule. In my recollection of JW-ville, dying prior to Armageddon would remove some of your rights, such as to marriage. So you die by some worldly drunk driver's mistake, and Poof, you are celibate for eternity. Yes, there was a caustic, toxic venom against death. I still carry it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I came to think the 'new system' would be a dull place. Think of it, without suffering, where would be all the great art and literature? If there was no such thing as break-ups and unrequited love, where would the good music be? And architecture? Some of the most beautiful architecture in the world has come from religious institutions or religious devotion, from Notre Dame cathedral to Shwedagon Pagoda.

And in Paradise, who would do all the menial jobs like clean sewers and that? Would we all do every single thing we need to function individually, and not on a community basis as has been all human history? And if on a community basis, who in Paradise would want to clean the sewers with financial necessity removed? We'd all much rather pet tigers and cuddle koalas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit