The Beatles- I Want To Hold Your Hand celebrates 50 years!!

by designs 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

Oooh I love the beatles. My mom brought us up listening to them....I live about 2 hours away from Liverpool and went over last year and did the whole Beatles museum, the magical mystery tour - you visit strawberry fields and all their birth places and penny lane etc. Its fab (four!) ha ha I think their music still appeals even now to the younger generation, its so catchy and happy. xx

• designs
    designs

Sounds like a great tour.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I plan to make the pilgrimage before I die. If only Liverpool were closer to London or Stratford upon Avon. Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields remind me of beautiful English fields, such as in the Cotswalds. Americans have romantic notions. I think of some famous sites in NYC that have certain catchy names yet are not gardens. Liverpool is a gritty city.

So what did they look like? I believe only Paul kept much of a Liverpool presence with his large extended family. The Cavern Cavern was closed.

Did you visit John's art school or the LIverpool Institute?

• designs
    designs

Band- that would be a great pilgrimage. A friend and I did the Jim Morrison homage at his grave in Paris, it did not disappoint.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Amazing how I can remember every word of these songs, and not what I did yesterday.

much happiness and joy to have grown up with the Beatles. I'm always interested in the creative process, prob because I was never allowed to explore that part of my brain. Amazing how prolific and how quickly they could write those songs, and how good they were.

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit