New JW Bible nickname

by JWOP 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWOP
    JWOP

I had a face to face conversation with an active JW today. I was informed that they congregations don't like the new Bible being referred to as the "Gray Bible", so some are starting to refer to it as the Silver Sword.

• cofty
    cofty

Why are they so grateful that somebody finally corrected some of the horribly clumsy renditions of their NWT?

Are they not embarassed that they used such a bad translation for almost 60 years?

Could it be because they care more about how it looks and feels?

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

cofty-I think its a psychological reaction. If they have a new bible they will do more hours on the mino. New work toys make me feel happier in the lab so I love my job more, maybe its the same with new bibles

Its a theory

• Giordano
    Giordano

May I suggest that they call it Fifty Shades of Grey!

• Bella15
    Bella15

I LUV my women's bible - pink with flowers. My son's bible cover is racing cars. My daughter's bible is light green with butterflies ... if my husband were to buy a bible of his own he would choose a harley davidson or rockstar cover ... and that WOULD BE FINE WITH GOD AND JESUS!

• sir82
    sir82

A nickname?

How about "A testament to the pomposity and hubris of 8 insignificant wankers in Brooklyn"?

Or is that too long?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

How about "Sixty-six Shades of Grey"?

• undercover
    undercover

"Watchtower Down"

(Obscure reference that only my twisted brain could come with)

• St George of England
    St George of England

They produce a new Bible for use in field ministry but then in the December Kingdom Ministry suggest that the Bible does not need to be mentioned if people are generally non believers, and in fact several return visits can be made before even mentioning the Bible.

George

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JWOP: I was informed that they congregations don't like the new Bible being referred to as the "Gray Bible"

That's right, you certainly wouldn't want to call it what it is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit