Disfellowshipping

by Legacy 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• hoser
    hoser

they are trained to bully people.

• lindajwhite5141@charter.net
    [email protected]

Honeybee 78,

Do you have to go to the appeals meeting? Will they df you if you don't show up? I have been df'd and i da'd in the year 2000. At least the da calmed me more...it was on my terms that I left, not on their terms, leading them to believe they had authority to punish or forgive me. It is like being on trial. They want details and names or people you might be involved with ( my situations,,, i had an affair with a police officer) they wanted his name and address so that they could talk to him, and clear Jehovahs name. I did not give them the name. My problem to deal with.

If you can get by with not going to the appeals meeting, and just fade out, then later just send in a da letter....maybe by that time your parents will have had enought time to adjust to the fact that you just aren't going to go back in --ever.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Legacy: Where is that scripture about Jesus and the adultress ?

Well it USED TO BE in the NWT at verses 7:53-8:11 of the Gospel of John. But you won't find it in the Revised NWT because the GB/FDS took it out.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

The stories I have heard about this cruel practice makes me angry at times and cry at other times. There is nothing easy about it and in some cases it is long and drawn out, it can destroy lives. It is pathetic the way it is viewed by some JW's. Many don't believe in the practice (I was one of them) and it tears them apart but I have seen many who are so heartless about it and they make cold comments.

One of the many reasons why I came out was being friends with a couple whose teenage daughter was disfellowshipped for a sex act not intercourse. The poor girl was put through an awful process and the questions she was asked were down right disgusting. They wanted to know what room of the house was she in, where did she take her cloths off, what exactly did she do and many more. It turns my stomach even thinking about it because they were all men in their 50's asking this young girl these questions. I could never look at them again with anything but distain for them.

There is nothing loving about this process like they try to make you believe. They say it is to keep the congregation clean but we know that is all bull sh*t! There are many in those congregations who live double lives and the ones in positions can be the ones who are the worst. If you are good at sneaking around and hiding then you can get away with a lot of stuff Including child abuse in many forms.

It is a cruel organization when it comes to how they treat ones they think are not following their rules. If your father or husband is a prominent elder then you will get a slap on the wrist but if you are just one of the rank and file you will not in most cases be treated the same. The elders kids can be some of the worst ones and they usually walk away.

Keep reading this site and others like it and you will hear the heartache this religion has caused thousands upon thousands of people. It is a tragedy and the public should know what really goes on behind those KH walls. It isn't like other mainstream religions at all because most of them you can walk away from and your life won't change but not this one, be prepared to lose every single person you were friends with and even your family.

• losingit
    losingit

Thank you Aunt Fancy

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Oubliette,

Get out of here...I just looked it up..sorry it took me so long to reply...I can't believe this...why did they remove it...ah, poor me..I know why, because you can use that in your defense if you get DF'd..I will somehow bring this up in a subtle way...& wait for the answer...

Doesn't it say not to add or take away anything from the bible?

I just can't believe it..

Stay tuned...& thanks...

Legacy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Never DF'd here. Never joined. Never will.

I'm piping up to add to what honeybee is saying. Hubby and I are in our fifties. When he goes out in service he is typically paired up with the "leftovers" such as spinsters, maiden aunts, widows, and married women with "unbelieving mates". There just aren't that many eligible single males willing to tow hubby around.

But of course, that leads to a problem. In attempts to "avoid the very appearance of evil", he can't travel alone with these ladies. Who knows what sorts of hanky-panky they might get up to on their own devices?

It's such a shame because he naturally chums around with elderly women. He always has time for them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

after the appeal you can appeal again but they wont inform you of this

Yes, you can appeal it to the WTS Branch Office.

If the Appeal Committee does not reverse the DF decision, tell them you want to pursue it through the Branch Office.

I have, in fact, heard of some reversals by the Branch.

From reading your posts, I think your only "out" is that you were NOT alone with the man if your child was present. Of course the child must be more than just an infant, and old enough to "know" that you were not making whoopie.

Doc

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I've been in a similar situation And it depends on how repentant you act and how many people know. I will message you more details. Suffice it to say, my hall had two unmarried sisters wind up pregnant and neither was disfellowshipped.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

Well the UN NGO pretty much filthies up all the congregations (Zech3:1-3), so DFing must have another purpose, as what "anointed" leaders join the UN??? Meaning, obviously straining gnats in DFs to keep congs clean, is ridiculous if the GB dines on a rotten UN/NGO Camel at Bethel for TWENTY years and still does not tell all JWs officially of the UN NGO affair.

Obviously something is way off at Bethel.

So I will just cover one not so easy to see purpose of DFing. It is designed in one way to cut off weak sheep, who truly are struggling with various fleshly weaknesses, who may need "intensive care" spiritually through MANY falls and trials, FOR YEARS. Meaning a cut and dried conquest of nicotine alone may take a decade or more from someone truly repentant the whole time. And one can apply that concept to many other disruptive battles many weak sheep, and strong sheep go through. But JW elders are REQUIRED to have very short time limits, and also a tactless style of shepherding that makes many JWs leave out of being hurt and angered rather than the original "offense".

But the GB knows supporting weak sheep WILL cost money. THAT is the bottom line.

If one truly shepherds the sheep, you will feed and house people struggling with drugs and alcohol all the way to Armageddon. And rightly so, that is exactly what Christ DID. And that money, that should be aiding the recovery of now 7 million plus fallen, sick and weak sheep, is now in the GB belly and in Bethel BILLION in assets and properties, because those men are GREEDY power drunks.

And to extend the guilt, now JWs can also "agree" with the Bethel "holy men" directive and ALSO cut off YEARS of aid that ailing sheep WILL need, and have a "holy" excuse to remove themselves from the divine responsibility;

And that is why self-righteousness is cultured by the GB, so JWs can have a psychological blind to merely cut-off and shun ones not conquering their various desires in say a month or three - and that lets JWs off a "love your neighbor as yourself" hook that requires EVEN MORE love for brothers and sisters to cut off those struggling from ANY AND ALL JW support from this iceberg of modern congregations kicking back weak JW "penguins" back into the sea, to save more fish for the GB wormwood central igloo, and to render JWs a world known cold bunch REQUIRED to aid the spiritual slaughter of THEIR OWN brothers and sisters, RATHER THAN a GUARANTEED lifetime of supporting weak and sick sheep - which is what it is all about to God. In that dimension of love, which now most JWs are just a clashing cymbal in hypocrisy that is also oh so convenient for both Bethel and the average cheapskate JW who must direct all resources to the Bethel billionaires, JWs are now bankrupt in true compassion.

But the main spiritual magicians and money mathematicians at Bethel well KNOW, that DFing has made them an extra 700 million dollars in funds (over a decade, conservative) given to those thieves by clever redirection, rather than going to congreagtionally local sheep and their families WHO ACTUALLY NEED IT. Bethel is NOT a bunch of stupid old men (like they want everyone to think they are), they know exactly how to extract maximum profit from 7 million duped active JWs and also lead those JWs into deep sins prior to a judgment in the process.

And that is not the only reason why the "inquisition" DFing is used, but you get the idea. Love your brothers and sisters REGARDLESS what the Bethel aloof millionaire elites may say, they are going down hard in that judgment, they have lived a soft and heart fattening easy life looking busy with part-time jobs they call "full time service", laughing at JWs in a total acting production. But not for long....

No one reproaches God and Christ and simply skips off to an early retirement "with all his belongings" like those Bethel UN NGO frauds. DFing is KILLING the sheep and squelching the congregational divine blessing to non-existent (Mal2), and everyone knows it but JWs "strong sheep", who are just the most obedient to the GB and organizational idols, not God or Christ.

The "love" has cooled in JWs to iceberg proportions (and due to lawlessness as the divine blessing vacates the building), lets not kid ourselves any longer. KH's need no A/C, they are already cold as ice.

JWs have by and large been as misled as Jerusalem was by the Pharisees, same overall attitudes and symptoms and judgment. The pattern merely repeats in JWs overly focused on the sins of the Jews, Christendom and weak sheep, misled by self-approved leaders as lawless and cold as the Pharisees, merely parroting "love" and "Bible" to give an appearance to the contrary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit