Disfellowshipping

by Legacy 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone on here was DF'd or know of any who were...Why I ask is because many of the friends I have spoken to, say it's not done, just like that. It's a process. I have spoken to a re-instated sister and she said by the time they see you, you are pretty much out. I am baptized, but this DF'ing I seem to get stuck on. What really bothers me is that many of the friends like the fact that the org. does this. They say it keeps the congregation clean. That's not possible...nobody in the org. is clean.. It seems they like when folks get disciplined. What kind of person likes to see that. Reminds me of a lynching mob, & when they go to see the hanging, they bring pop corn & candy. Is it a hardened heart, a vengeful heart. I feel sorry for a DF'd person, no matter what they have done...short of murder, stealing, lying (not the fibs)...stuff like that..no, but the stuff that normal folks do...why bother..Sex, is mostly everybodies stumbler..It just bothers me that most of the friends have no empathy for DF'd folks...

I was talking to a sister last night & she said, it's a process. So, I'm just putting it out there..to hear other's stories. Is it a process to or do they just listen to the tattle taler ?

Legacy

• Glander
    Glander

As far as a "process", yes. It can be as simple as a meeting with the elders (Judicial committee) to ask you if what they have heard is true. If you deny the accusation and there was only one witness, it could be dropped. If they have two or more witnesses and it is undeniable, then you can express "genuine repentance" and it would be reduced to public reproof. I have been on JCs that went on for weeks. Others were acted on within a few days.

If they call and ask you to meet and you say "kiss my ass", the DF'ing process can be speeded up greatly.

PS If you can see that it is going to a DF status, you can get busy and submit a resignation from the cult, aka, a lettet of disassociation.

I have not been an elder for over 30 yrs so some things may be subject to "New Light", etc.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I was DF'ed 20 years ago...one JC meeting and I was gone, but then that was my choice.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It most certainly is NOT a process!

In one short hour and a-half meeting my relationships with my family and friends of decades was ended.

They will never be the same.

These relationships were ended by three men with no more than high school educations mistakenly thinking they serve a "loving God."

Why do you suppose the GB/FDS removed the account of Jesus with the adulteress from the Bible?

• tornapart
    tornapart

John 16:2 " For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing God a service."

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Legacy - "I wanted to know if anyone on here was DF'd or know of any who were."

That's a good one... there are THOUSANDS of us on here that are DFed and proud of it!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Oubliette,

Where is that scripture about Jesus and the adultress ? Was it because Jesus didn't DF her or shun her ? Why do they use 1 Cor..such & such, as the scripture to support DF'ing ?

Legacy

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

Im in the process of being DF'd and I dont want to be, I NEED my parents support to help me with my son. My parents are my lifeline but I fear they just dont believe a man stayed in my house without sexual contact (hell they must think im sexually starved or maybe they think no man could stay and not keep their hands off me ;) ha ah!) For once in my life I was actually telling the truth but whatever, my whole future rests on 3 men who can determine whether I see my parents or not.

Ive appealed last night - lets see what happens now but Ill have to go over it all again for now the 3rd time and tbh I really dont want to discuss my private life with them, its non of their godamned business! I havent attended for 2 years ffs! Wish theyd all just f**k off and leave me alone. But if I fail the appeal Ill have subjected myself to 3 judicials to try and clear my name and Ill be left with no family.

Thats the price you pay for getting baptised at 16 and deciding to leave it aged 35....once your in it, theres no going back or escaping!! :(

• hoser
    hoser

honeybee78

after the appeal you can appeal again but they wont inform you of this

hoser

• honeybee78
    honeybee78

Ive heard that apparently this is in the elders book or something but they tell you not to tell us....whats upsetting me is I have to sit in front of 3 men and explain my private business to them over and over, like im being charged for murder!!! So humiliating and intrusive! GRRRRRR.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit