Did You Ever Wonder What Goes Thru People's Heads When They Realized You Were A Witness?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

If they meet an active JW, they just hope they won't end up having waves of JWs show up at their door.

If they meet an XJW, they will probably wonder what you hated about it the most and what it was that got you out.

• jam
    jam

Ding; "what it was that got you out". So many people have told

me, I have a grandmother, cousin or some distant relative that is

a JW, I have no idea what they believe. LOL

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

We chalk it up that you went nuts

LOL @ Jam

In that case, I guess I was forced off the edge.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I play it for laughs most of the time. During the recent presidential campaign, I helped organize a neighborhood canvas operation. There were several first timers so I joked that most people find it difficult to knock on someone's door unbidden. Privacy rights are more and more valued by the genral public. I quipped that I brazenly knocked on doors and asked people, not for issue preference but if they believed in eternal life. Everyone laughed. One Asian woman, however, doubled up. It took her several minutes to calm down. She apologized but I told her I played it for laughs.

It is so out of my character.

Only on rare occasions do I inform people, usually at church, about the high control aspects and the problem with higher education. Most are suprised. I stay off doctrine.

• d
    d

I used to tell some people but most did not know. Those that knew were friends who were Jw's that left along with me.Some people would ask and I would tell them and many would be shocked.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I encountered a lot of awkward pauses as people digested my reason for not celebrating such and such event/day/whatever. They all thought I was freaking crazy..especially in high school, that sucked the most.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit