My bible study last night...holy hell

by DS211 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

THE POOR "OLD" (AL LA 1961 EDITION) TRANSLATORS WHO WERE SPIRIT BEGOTTEN, JUST DID A LOUSY JOB OR HAD A CONNECTION PROBLEM!!! (CAN YOU HERE ME NOW?).

YOU EVER NOTICE HOW EVERY GENERATION OF leadership HAS ADDED INSIGHTS?

• DS211
    DS211

Haha YES Steven..)sorry i was chatting with a man named dave durng the message. Ha but yes it only has taken 2 chapters to see the WT is a cult..or has simiarities to it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Next week you should ask more about these anoited ones, then bring up all the scriptures like in Romans and James that says there no distinction. Romans chapter 8 where it says that if you do not have the spirit then u don't have chrsit at all. Then ask isn't the anointed also refured to as the sons of gods and brothers of Christ? Then go to 1john 5:1 and Galatians 3:25-27 Matt. Chapter 12 were the all say pretty much that all Christians are gods sons. So then ask why do the jw's controdict this thought since its right there in the bible?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

At the AGM, one of the GB said that you can learn the truth from any translation of the Bible. Right?? So, answer me this GB. If only you are the faithful slave of Jesus' parablophecy, and only YOU can dispense spiritual food because only YOU have God's spiridirecting you.. Then how could all those Bible writers through man's history give us translations of the bible that lead us to truth? Did God direct those people to translate their versions of the bible? What about the ones that you used for the basis of the NWT? If God did NOT direct them, then who did?

5/1/2011

Jehovah is my Shepherd

Jehovah feeds his sheep. Sheep are dependent on their shepherd to find food for them. We have a spiritual need that can be filled only with God’s help. (Matthew 5:3) Thankfully, Jehovah is a generous Provider, arranging before his servants a bounteous table. (Verse 5) The Bible and Bible study aids, such as the journal you are reading, are a source of spiritual food that satisfies our need to know the meaning of life and God’s purpose for us. I guess this is old light? How can the Bible be spiritual food unless it was produced by the FDS, post 1919?! ONLY the GB/FDS can produce and distribute spiritual food. Logically, humans could not learn the truth from Christendom's bibles that were produced by non-FDS persons. Right?

• Laika
    Laika

Working on the magazine and literature counter at the hall can tell you a little bit about the competency of Bethelites. Orders constantly wrong and take months to process. This was frustrating because the myth of Bethel's efficiency meant everyone blamed you when they had to wait months for their order, because it couldn't possibly be Bethel who screwed it up, they're so efficient!

• designs
    designs

Bethel has turned into Mecca, next will be throwing stones to cast out the Devil

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If efficiency were the measure of God's blessing, then FedEx would have to be God's Visible Organization.

FedEx

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The REAL REASON the NWT Committee remains anonymous is because then we'd know they have absolutely NO QUALIFICATIONS to engage in such an undertaking.

It's a scam!

• Terry
    Terry

So, are we saying we know the identities of the translators? That they are anointed? That they are Governing Body members?

Or, just guessing?

Best candidate:

Geoffrey Jackson Born 1955, started pioneering in February 1971 in Tasmania, the island state of Australia.

In June 1974, he married and shortly thereafter, they were appointed to serve as special pioneers. From 1979 to 2003, they served as missionaries in Tuvalu, Samoa, and Fiji—island nations in the South Pacific.

While in the islands, Jackson also contributed much to the work of translating Bible literature. Beginning in 1992, Jackson served on the Branch Committee in Samoa, and from 1996, on the Branch Committee in Fiji.

In April 2003, he and his wife became part of the United States Bethel. He and his wife began to work in the Translation Services Department. Soon thereafter, Jackson was made a helper to the Teaching Committee of the Governing Body. Announcement of his appointment to the Governing Body was made on August 24, 2005.

(Reference, Watchtower 3/15/2006 page 26)

• DS211
    DS211

They were anointed brothers thats all splane said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit