Email conversation with a colleague

by zakharijah 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

Hi All,

I just wanted to share this conversation I had by email with a JW Colleague last year at Easter. (on my professional email address)

I work for the internal communications in my company, which means I sometimes send emails regarding social events.

You'll find the email I first sent to all our employees below and then the short conversation I had with this JW woman (Who was not even in my congregation and who I didn't really know very well).

She must feel so proud of herself that she was able to see the "evil" in me even before I da'd myself !

{EMAIL SENT TO ALL EMPLOYEES - SENDER: ZAKH}

It's Easter again, which means it is competition time at XXXXXXX !

Two competitions are open to XXXXXX employees and will take place tomorrow. Prizes to be won!

Easter bonnet competition
    Create your own Easter bonnet and wear it on competition day!

Easter Egg Decorating
    Decorate an egg to be in with a chance of winning amazing prizes. Judges will go round the centre on Thursday to judge your easter egg and pick the most beautiful one!

We look forward to seeing your creations!

Happy Easter!

{sent by SELF RIGHTEOUS JW COLLEAGUE}

Hi {ZAKH},
    all of this is not helping you spiritually my brother.

If you are ready to compromise for this system Satan is going to ask something back from you.

I am really worried for you and {WIFE}, please don't be angry at me my intentions are really honest and sincere and I am worried that this situations with Christmas, Easter, Hallowing, Blood transfusion adverts and many others may undermine you spiritually.

Pray to Jehovah for help and discuss it with {WIFE} as well, it may help you and your family.

May Jehovah bless you.

Hi {SELF RIGHTEOUS JW COLLEAGUE},

Thank you for feeling concerned for me.

However I am not sure you fully understand my role in this. I am not organizing those events or taking part in them and not even writing the material I am asked to send. I do not think you can judge my spirituality based on the name that appears at the top of those communications. And I do not think anybody should actually try and judge anybody.

May I remind you those verses:

“Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye. (Matthew 7)

Or

"But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you also look down on your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written: “‘As I live,’ says Jehovah, ‘to me every knee will bend down, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.’” So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God." (Romans 14:10-12)

Thank you for coming to me though. I appreciate that you are trying to help me.

Hi {ZAKH},

thank you for taking my email in the right way, so happy for this.

Be assured that I am not judging you as if you were actually be involved in any of the events you are advertising. I am just worried that little by little the influence and the pressure put upon the Communication Team may affect you, thats all.

If you think that you can stand the pressure and not be affected then it is obviously your decision and I can't say anything about this, I just wanted to make sure you aware of the dangers but maybe you knew them already ;-)

Thanks {ZAKH} for not getting upset with me, I just care for your and your family and I don't want nothing to happen to you.....like a 2nd mum for you hahhaha

Have a lovely evening

{SELF RIGHTEOUS JW COLLEAGUE}

• Laika
    Laika

At least she was reasonably polite and contacted you direct with her concerns. Most of the Witnesses I know would have printed off the email and taken it straight to the elders to deal with (many of whom would not have taken that you were sending it on behalf of others as a valid excuse)

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

I know, I have to give her that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I would have turned it around and focus on some concerrns you had about her , perhaps she's becoming way too materialistic, I've noticed you dont seem to be out in the FS so much these days, and that you dont seem to have your hand up match at meetings , or you've not got that Kingdumb smile on very much, they want to judge you with their self rightous BS give it staight back to them

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I would have said that private matters should not be discussed in your working environment...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a "sister righteous" and she counselled me a few times too. She told me not to wear white socks because people would "think I was gay", and told me not to do return visits that are too far apart because that is just "fake time". In fact she even brought me to the elders because she reckoned my "courtship" was lasting too long, the only time I've ever been "pulled up by the elders" for anything. Why she thought it was any of her business I'll never know. She said we were setting a bad example to "her children", at least one of whom since left the truth and is busy setting us a "bad example" by all accounts.

You are right she will be very pleased with herself to have spotted your wicked ways early. She is the sort of Witness I sometimes think "deserve" to be in the JWs. Most Witnessea I feel sorry that they are being misled, her I don't pity so much.

I was actually good friends with her at one time so much some people thought we were "item", despite the fact she's a million years older than me.

• cantleave
    cantleave

She told me not to wear white socks because people would "think I was gay

She should have mentioned that it is a tasteless fashion statement too

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was 18 years old give me a break.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

@slimboyfat Yes be careful brother, disfellowshiped people wear white socks!

• besty
    besty

I would have ignored the email personally - most shit goes away with my technique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit