Serena Williams admits to being possessed by demons?

by Dis-Member 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Roddy
    Roddy

I agree. Serena Williams is Queen of tennis.

I guess she'll always have detractors. Especially those that want to mix her religion as part of what makes them grind their axes.

I think we can admire the talent that Serena Williams is and keep her religion out of it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

As a person , a human , Serena williams cant be faulted for displaying human emotions , especially under pressure in what is a high profile sport that is televised and viewed worldwide .

What" IS" at fault is the double standards of the Elders of her religion .Do you think for a moment that sister" nobody" in any congregation could say publicly , on television ,or in a documentary what she has stated , and not be disfellowshiped ? publicly reproved ? No Way.

It couldnt be by any chance that sister" nobody" has no money or public persona, to donate to the organization , could it.?

It couldnt be by any chance that sister Serena can donate X amount of US $$$$ to the organization ,could it ?

Just saying,

smiddy

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

@ LisaRose..

Er.. when a fully grown adult that's meant to be a witness hears distinct individual characters with seperate voices in their head talking to them and taking over their personality.. you call that normal??

Sorry but not in my books. And psycologists are often total loony bins themselves with some of the theories they come up with every month insuring they get their salaries paid.

But I guess if you don't believe in a God anymore then it must mean the darker side of things is also a non-reality for you. Fair enough.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Serena is simply describing what any of us likely experience. Case in point, I'm a really nice, submissive guy most of the time, with a long fuse, but I have a wicked temper. If I named my temper Joey, I could say, "Well, not having a great day today, Joey showed up earlier and said some things I wish he didn't say." It may sound crazier to some people if I put it that way, but it's simply another way of phrasing something mundane.

As I indicated above, naming your "personalities" can be part of the process of autotherapy, getting to know yourself and learning how to manage your moods, and it's not a bad idea unless one starts using the named personalities to deny personal culpability for their actions. Serena seems to be indicating that she doesn't "let out" certain inner voices very often, which means she is (at least somewhat) taking responsibility for what she allows herself to do and say. That being said, she could use a bit more maturity, though her outbursts are not unprecedented in the tennis world (ahem, MacEnroe).

Then again, I stopped believing in things that go bump in the night when I stopped believing in the JW religion, so I don't believe that possession is a real concept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit