I was wondering why did they pick a gray color on their new bibles?

by Iamallcool 31 Replies latest jw friends

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Maybe they heard that 50 shades of gray was really popular now so they wanted to get in on that.

Stealth: The Bible isn't far away from 50 Shades of gray...

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

People should get a life! I've seen the green bible criticized, the deluxe too. Oh, the black bible some never liked, and others wanted a splash of red. But red, is that burgundy you mean?

You WT Slaves, go serve yourselves a glass of scotch! Life has more to it than the colour of bibles or whatever.

pc

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

This was the 51st shade of grey which did not make it in the bestseller of E.L. James

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

My parrot has read 50 shades of African grey.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I'll play devils advocate and say that I don't mind the grey colour. Need all bibles be your typical black? No. Let's focus on attacking the reasons for this revision and the content rather than nit picking on the appearance.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I've heard witnesses calling it "the silver bullet" already.

Seriously? Oh, dear lord.

I saw a group manning a JW.org table yesterday and they all had their fancy new grey bibles in hand. I wanted to walk by and say "Heyyy...nice grey bible *wink wink*. But I just didn't want to get dragged into a convo about where I'm from, what cong., etc., etc....

If I ever hear someone say that, I'll be forced to make some witty comment about beer (let me start thinking now...)

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Next time...

Ghastly Bible

• Iamallcool
  • chrisuk
    chrisuk

There's a guy on youtube showing how to put a new cover on the RNWT, funny enough I think they're covers he customizes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmhJHgKu54s4YtHZ-0BX1yQ?feature=watch

• factfinder
    factfinder

I thought I heard someone say during the interviews that the first edition of the NWT was bound in a gray leatherette Cover.

Maybe that is why they decided to make this new revision Gray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit