I was wondering why did they pick a gray color on their new bibles?

by Iamallcool 31 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Cobaltcupcake, I used that old "red" delux bible in FS, meetings, all the time, it was my favorite. One day this "turd" insisted that I should not use that one,

because it could stumble the householder. I told him to shut up and stop being an idiot. He told the elders and I got some dirty looks at meetings for a while

and that was back in the 70s. 'What would they do now' These "idiots" (elders) probably make a public announcement. 'Red Bible', he's an apostate!! aaah!

lamallcool, I remember the green, burgundy, black, red.. but the "pink"? maybe some of them sisters could fix it that way. They was some pretty talented

cuties in the hall back in the day...

insot4

• Mahtaw
    Mahtaw

To be as boring and lifeless as they possibly can.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If you want to really blow thier minds bring a green one with you to the meeting!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Grey is the cheapest kind of ink colour to mix.. It's all the left over colours slung together in the same pot§ and stirred to produce this kind of grey.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Since they are going from cheap to cheapest. Ladies and Gentleman, I present you

The New New World Translation - in the year 2028:

"Yes Brothers, Jehobers organization is progressing. We now only use the virtual version of the Bible, got to go with the times and all sister-proof" Audience: Hard clapping and laughter.

"Our graphic design department worked in pijamas for 72 hours straight to get this beautiful Bible ready and downloadable to your iPad. Don't forget to update your tablet. Visit our store at JW.ORG for a great selection of Jesus-approved Tablets and Smartphones."

Cheap Bible

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'd have thought it was obvious. Rake in all the contributions for unpopular grey, then in a couple of years roll out the black/maroon/navy versions and cash in again!

Cha ching!!

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It looks more like a sword now... unless you take a sword of a Myrdrahl then they typical sword has a grey colour :P

• blondie
    blondie

When we got the green bibles I was told that the WTS got a good deal on the cover material...maybe the same is this time, a good deal. At least it wasn't a good deal on fuschia.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Maybe they heard that 50 shades of gray was really popular now so they wanted to get in on that.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Maybe they heard that 50 shades of gray was really popular now so they wanted to get in on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit