by diana netherton 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

A broken heart takes time to heal Diana some days are harder than others

On the hard days think of your ex as an entry in the dictionary that says

Ex-Boyfriend noun. Nickle slick liar who never grew up to be the man for me

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Advice from this guy about your guy: Dump him.

He obviously has a problem with committment.

Be glad you found out now than later when perhaps kids would be hurt, etc.

A breakup is way cheaper than a divorce.

Doc

• thomasaquinas
    thomasaquinas

Amen to ALL THE ABOVE MY FRIEND.

GET UP, MAKE YOUR BED, AND RIDE A BIKE A FEW MILES EVERY DAY.

THAT IS WHAT I DO!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It is natural to grieve this sort of loss; loss of what you thought you had, loss of a dream. Also, anyone, ANYONE can be fooled. For a while. This also confirms that you are part of the human race and you have a working heart. The tiredness in the afternoons is part of this grieving and is temporary.

I'd always thought that Hillary Clinton landed the lowest blow in history when she excused her husband's indescretions because he was damaged...being raised in an all-female household and all. When you think about it, this was not a kind or helpful thing to say. She managed in one brief statement to emasculate a President!

Not that you are any where near anger or revenge.

I guess all I am saying is that I feel for you and I wish I could take the pain away but it will be with you for a while. The pain is proof that your love was real.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

All I have to say besides the great advice given here is listen to the most qualified psychologist that you can find.

And try to understand that these feelings are normal and will pass as time goes on.

When I lost my job (I know I Know it's nothing like what you're going through) I did a form of therapy that is usually done to those who might have a high risk of developing post-traumatic stress disorder, before going to bed I wrote down that I was upset and the reasons why, the next day I started feeling better.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I feel your pain. Getting back to building your own life, when you thought you were building a future with someone can be daunting at first.

It helped me to throw myself into exercise, long drives with great music, to towns I hadn't yet explored. It took time and some therapy as I left an abusive ex husband but happiness is a choice and grief is a process, as the saying somewhat goes. You deserve to be happy.

I can only speak from personal experience and that of close, personal friends, but a guy who can carry on a long term affair like that doesn't seem to usually change. They get away with whatever they can as long as they are able and become so skillful at lying along the way, how can we know when they are being genuine?

Maybe trying different teas would help with the afternoon slump? Writing a letter to him that you DON'T send helped me, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit