Need some good thoughts....

by diana netherton 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

It's been a tough year for me so far. My grammy passed away in June and I haven't grieved her properly. It was a JW funeral and that wasn't the platform to do that.

To make matters worse, I caught my boyfriend in a car park with another woman at a petrol station at random. I've been with him for three years, and apparently, so has she. I am heartbroken and I just feel like I can't or don't want to move on. Every day I just exist, go through the motions and can't see a point to anything. I have never loved someone so much and been so betrayed. There's no excuse...he says he's sorry, but there really isn't a good explanation. I think at this point in my life I'd rather get a root canal than go out with another man ever.

I am in counseling now as long as I can afford it.

I'm sure some of you have been where I am. Any advice would be appreciated. I just thought I was stronger than I am.

Cheers,
    D

• cofty
    cofty

Diana that's awful. What a swine he is. No wonder you feel so bad, it's not a sign of weakness.

We are not all like that, but I'm sure it will take time for you to trust anybody again.

I have nothing that will make it better but I'm sorry this has happened to you.

You deserve better.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Every day is a new day, and will be good if you can let it be good. Moving forward can be fulfulling and exciting, but there is usually pain assosiated with growth.

Let life be great, even if it is not what you planned it to be. Allow yourself to come here and grieve, complain, and then share your positive experiences and good feelings. Life WILL get better.

You have avoided a "bullet" with your boyfriend. In time you will be able to see that. It's a good idea not to date anyone for a while.

I'm sorry about your granny. I am still not able to properly grieve my Dad. We all go through the emotions differently but eventually we get through them. It hurts, very much.

I also sort of "imploded" late last year, and since then have not quite been the same, and also thinking that same thing as you are " I thought I was stronger than that" The thing is, we are, but we are also human and sometimes things overwhelm us. It's ok. The key is not to give up.

((((hugs))) diana netherton

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Hang in there .

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry, give it some time and grieve the loss. Wishing you peace and love.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to read all this, Diana.

Hang in there and give yourself time to recover.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi Diana,

What a shock to find the man you love with another woman!

It sounds like you have hit the lowest low point. The good news is, it can only get better from here. All you need to do is let time go by and that itself will lift you, day by day. Be patient with yourself, but dont wallow. You may have to force yourself to do things. But it will get better.

This man does not deserve you, never did.

In the past I have also had my heart broken and know how disorienting it can be, how pointless it can feel. I forced myself into intense exercise and honestly it helped me so much. I was at the point where I could not talk or think about what had happened anymore, I just had to DO something or I would become a crazy recluse.

When life feels pointless, it is a good time to reassess and let the pointlessness be a question. Try to keep your heart open and search inside yourself for what the point could be. I hope this doesnt sound too new agey. I really feel we find and create the meaning in our lives. When one source of meaning crumbles, like a relationship, just stay open, stay afloat.

Do you have any cool girlfriends right now- I would go out with you if you were local but by the sound of it - Petrol station- :) we are many miles apart.

Cheers Diana. You are sweet, and I am sorry this man you loved so much hurt you so badly.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I'm in Pennsylvania...not by choice really right now.

Thanks, everyone. Afternoons are the worst for me. Especially at work. I find it hard to concentrate.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Diana, I agree with the intense ezcersize suggestion. It has worked for me in the past ( I need to take my own advice! )

• clarity
    clarity

((Diana)) ... being strong doesn't stop pain,

as you are finding out.

The only way out, is not around it but .........

to go through it.

>

Feel it and learn from it.

>

When you get pissed off mad enough you will

come out of it, as a much wiser, stronger, resiliant woman.

>

Been there! Good luck.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit