A bit of gossip.

by chrisuk 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Verenda
    Verenda

I find all this very strange about ones not being inviteed. My daughter and her fam are not baptized but they were able to go. She never mentioned anything about having to be invited; we are in the US.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I don't think the current 8 running things is organized enough to orchestrate a selective invitation.

I think it is just a reflection of how messed up they are.

Besides, what was this anyway? Release of a bible with minor tweaks, yes, but more of just a 3 1/2 hour buildup to the launch of their app, for god's sake, complete with headset, powerpoints and jokes.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Let old Bill Shakespeare sum it up - 'Much Ado About Nothing!'

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So, in the US and Canada all publishers and their minor children were invited (except in apparently some cases where there were spaces issues and small children weren't allowed). In the UK, only specific individuals were invited. What about other English speaking countries?

They mentioned something like 99 countries where the program was heard but I assumed most of the non-English countries just had their Bethel staff/missionaries/big wigs going like they normally do.

But in the UK, you have assembly halls and the ability to stream video (or at least replay a video that was downloaded). So why restrict it in one country and not in others? The only thing I can think is they didn't have enough Bibles to distribute.

This is a US religion and while I'm an American and think the world revolves around me () I know that's really not the case. But it has always seemed to me that the WTS treats other countries like second class citizens. It's still very American-centric although only 1 in 7 JWs are in the US and Spanish is about 25% of them which makes the English speaking Americans an even small percentage of the overall number.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The new Bible is not even in English.

It's in US "English" which is nothing like "proper English" as we in England use. This explains why most English JW kids (and many of their parents) cannot spell, they have been brainwashed by WTS material in US English.

George

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Informed at the KH tonight that the under-privileged ones who were not invited to the soiree to receive a RNWT, will eventually get one from London Branch before the end of January 2014! Hope the winter weather doesn't disrupt the trucks deliveries! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit