A bit of gossip.

by chrisuk 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

I just thought I'd share this; My mom has dinner with her JW friend on Tuesdays and apparently the JW wasn't in a very good mood today... The reason for this as she told my mom is because she wasn't invited to the AGM. She's been a JW for 25 years, doesn't pioneer, but is very dedicated to the cause. she also explained to my mom that 2 other sisters one of whom is 80 yrs old and has been a JW all her life wasn't invited either. From what my mom told me all 3 sisters are fuming, saying it just isn't fair, and one of them even said that if your face doesn't fit in the KH you don't get invited anywhere. But! my moms friend said she can't blame the governing body for not being invited as it isn't their fault?? wtf?? Doesn't the gb set the criteria for who's allowed to go to the AGM? Anyway that's 3 long term sister that are pretty pissed off.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think there are a lot of pissed off JWs in the UK who weren't invited. Plus many insufferably smug attendees too. Way to go Watchtower!

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

It seems to have struck a chord with my mom to. She said she didn't think it was very fair or loving. I would of thought that there would have been Bibles at the KH ready for the people who wasn't invited to collect, but my moms friend & her 2 JW friends have got to wait 2 weeks for their copy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Two weeks how come?

Let's hope some of the snubbed take the hump and leave.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

Anybody know, Was there a regular Sunday Meeting session at the Kingdom Hall for the folks that did not receive invitiations to attend the AGM meeting?

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

slimboyfat - My moms friend just told my mom that the NNWT are being deliverd to the KH for the one's that didn't attend the AGM in 2 weeks. I can see why they're pissed off.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes there was a meeting on Sunday here in the UK.

I told my wife it was for the "widows and wasters". All the elders/wives, ms/wives, pioneers and those that donate a lot, were off to the AGM.

Actually this has been a public relations disaster for the WTS, I think there is not a congregation where people, especially older ones are not upset.

George

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

It seems like the gb are trying to put the JW's in competition with eachother.

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

Very Interesting St. George. Thanks for sharing. I would have to agree, it is a public relations disaster. I wonder who conducted the meeting, a sister with a head covering? Maybe a ministerial servant?

Anyone know if other countries in addition to the UK had a seperate Sunday Meeting for the non-invited? Thanks.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I can report locally (uk) there were a couple of old sisters with decades in the 'truth' chuntering about not being invited too..... And yes, we had a meeting, full of orphans brawlers bawlers and bastards. And me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit