Are you the huggy sort?

by Ucantnome 27 Replies latest social physical

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm not. I don't really do hugs and kisses. My wife went to hug me this morning and i instinctively backed away. We laughed. We don't really kiss.

I didn't cry when my brother died although we were close. I don't hug or kiss my aged parents good bye when I see them. When I first left home and moved half-way round the world in my early twenties i shook hands with my father my mother may have kissed me good bye. I didn't kiss my wife at our wedding. I find it embarrassing. Stiff upper lip.

Is anyone else like this?

• designs
    designs

My son we called huggy boy, always was a hugger and still is as an adult.

Kids pick up on affection from the cradle on.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My cult self was, but my authentic self never has been, except for close family and my husband.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I always do hugs and kisses. It must be their choice to refrain.

When a family member dies, I'm there. What happens is their choice, not mine.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Designs the same is true of my son, he is a big hugger. He will often give me a big bear hug. It just wouldn't enter my head to hug someone

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Julia i tend to think that being a Witness made me less friendly.

My father was very strict with it. No christmas or birthdays, little gift giving as is normal. Then there was always the feeling that if you transgressed and were disfellowshipped you would be totally cut off probably slung out the house. When my brother was disfellowshipped my father had to talk to my mother to get her to speak to him. My brother was really depressed. (I think it would have been different if it was me. I don't think my father would have spoken to me or my mother he was more lenient with my younger brother)

If my father hadn't had been a witness i think i would have rebelled more probably left home sooner.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's not normal backing away from your wife if she goes to hug you. I think you do have some issues to work out. Not trying to be unkind.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yadda yadda 2 your not being unkind.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

not that it matters i was just interested. i been married years and have a good relationship with my kids.

i think it is a combination of my personality and upbringing along with being British and a raised a Witness.

• zeb
    zeb

You need hugs a day to stay healthy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit