REACTION from my neck of the woods...

by problemaddict 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rmt1
    rmt1

"'Comrades!' cried an eager youthful voice. 'Attention, comrades! We have glorious news for you. We have won the battle for production! Returns now completed of the output of all classes of consumption goods show that the standard of living has risen by no less than 20 per cent over the past year. All over Oceania this morning there were irrepressible spontaneous demonstrations when workers marched out of factories and offices and paraded through the streets with banners voicing their gratitude to Big Brother for the new, happy life which his wise leadership has bestowed upon us. Here are some of the completed figures. Foodstuffs----'"

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

HAHAHA Finkelstein!!! " Food at the proper time typically and regrettably ends up in the toilet eventually."
    Perfect! :D

• Giordano
    Giordano

The reactions to the new translation put me in mind of Walter M. Miller's classic science-fiction tale “A Canticle for Leibowitz.”

Brother Francis is a monk in the Order of St. Leibowitz, a monastery in a ruined southwestern desert six centuries after humankind has nearly, but not quite, blown itself from the face of the earth in a nuclear holocaust.

The relics Francis holds in his violently-trembling hand appear to be written in
    the blessed Leibowitz’ own handwriting. It would become the Holy Shopping List:

“Pound pastrami, can kraut, six bagels—bring home for Emma. ”

• flipper
    flipper

" Three women around another friend were all crying when they got theirs ( Bibles ) ". Amazing that grown people get that emotional over receiving a Bible in my opinion. I wonder if they'll be crying other kinds of tears once they see the GB changed quite a few words in order to continue mind controlled indoctrintion tactics ? So terminally strange

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

My mother wasn't crying, but she had to tell me the "exciting" news...the WTS has published a brand new Bible that is the most accurate ever produced!! She also can't wait to get me my own copy. I didn't have the heart to tell my 83 year old mom anything that would burst her bubble. It is just such a shame for this type of adulation from a woman that has given 60 years of servitude to an organization that could care less about her.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

HAHAHA Finkelstein!!! " Food at the proper time typically and regrettably ends up in the toilet eventually."

The leaders of the WTS. have many times announced that they have "Food at the proper time" coming forward.

Such as what they did back in the 1975 era. In actuality that calculated year(date) was nothing but a conniving corrupt marketing scam

intensionally put forward to enhance their literature proliferation and distribution.

Which reconfirms that this supposed food was put forth is inherently by themselves, without any spiritual direction from a deity in the sky.

It appears what the WTS. did with this new bible is reword certain scriptures to support their own previously created doctrines

and hell why not if your going to print your own bible, that makes it truly easier to support those specific doctrines.

Not necessarily a correctly honest interpretation from the original language.

Cunning and deceptive absolutely but thats the way this religious publishing house has operated right back from its very beginning.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

“Pound pastrami, can kraut, six bagels—bring home for Emma. ”

^^^^Good stuff.

I love that it can be claimed to be the most accurate ever produced but it isn't submitted for peer review study, and there is no summary of changes made to the older edition. And yet if I stated that to anyone....it would fly over their head.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Um... I cried... but they weren't tears of joy... they were tears of pain at seeing so many people so thoroughly deceived. (I still believe in God so...) I prayed for help to control my feelings and keep my cool.

One lady in front of me blurted out a few sighs... hers were of "joy"...

I was absolutely DISGUSTED...

My FIL could not go, the first thing he said was, "are there any doctrinal changes"? My GF and I have the strong suspicion that he is of the "conscious class"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I love that it can be claimed to be the most accurate ever produced but it isn't submitted for peer review study.

Thats because the WTS. are directed and governed solely by themselves, its a self orchestrated power structure within itself,

outside intervention is usually not sought after, particularly so with the modern 2013 Watchtower Corporation.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah I agree with you guys. Honestly it was kind of a thing of beauty. It was well orchestrated, red meat for the masses, and everyone ate it up and won't shut up about how "historic" it is. They have no idea all they did was slightly move a little closer in line with the scholarly community in some things (17:3 for example).

The ignorance is what is really disturbing. I think I will call the branch and ask if they have a list of the changes available to the public.

Is there something specific that is called? When a revision is made and changes are submitted for peer review (even though they do not do that), what is the name for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit