New NWT- 1 Corinthans 6:9

by XBEHERE 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Ah, I see: I am thinking in literal terms, whereas YOU (old NWT plural indicator ) are thinking of a broader fulfillment.

Disco, lol.

"Submit to homosexual acts" - i.e., accept the offer of a cosmopolitan, get a unibrow judiciously threaded, etc.

• caliber
    caliber

what about disco

the WT is heavy into disco... dis.. go here dis.. go there

• krejames
    krejames

LOL @ valkyrie and caliber

• Verenda
    Verenda

So apparently they claim that this new version is the best version or best translation? This is obviously not true because the word homosexual was not even a word until the late 1800s therefore there is no possible way it could have been the word intended in this passage. Also this passage is not refering to a relationship between two men. It is referring to the keeping of young male slaves or or prostitutes which was common in that time period. I am amazed they would use the word homosexual considering that is was not used back then and yes homosexual can refer to homosexual acts between people who are not gay. I guess this would include oral sex or anal sex as well between a man and a woman. So if it also includes the acts between men and women it stands to reason that it is the "act" that is forbidden not a person or group of people since it is the act that is forbidden whether between men and men or men and women.

I tried to include a link but for some reason I can't. How do you paste links in messages? thanks

• Violia
    Violia

submit to homosexual acts could possibly be something like

a husband and wife

and one submits to what the wts view as homosexual acts b/c their spouse wants this.

just a thought

so we are back to grounds for leaving the spouse , but for divorce? shades of the 70's . how many times did they flip flop that one.

so this may bring loyal jws spouses to the elders to report on how grieved they are by submitting, whereas previously it has been don't ask don't tell, now we are at TELL again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit