Are the writers in the writing department purposely misquoting people?

by paulmolark 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but three times is enemy action.

x

Pretty sure the WTS has done it more than three times.

Although a case could be made that they don't have much choice; there are virtually no legitimate (untweaked) quotes out there that genuinely support WT ideology.

• dgeero
    dgeero
    It may be a mixture of the two. I think in an effort to find any little shred of evidence to support their wack job theories they resort to misquoting perhaps believing their own delusion so much they don't even realize how intellectually dishonest they are... but I lean more to the idea they know what they are doing and they don't give a damn because the rank and file eat that shiz up.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The sad truth is that 'THE TRUTH" tm. is a cult. And being a cult, they will say/write/promote ANYTHING to keep it's members in place and offer the ability to expand. The ancient idea that Rutherford latched on to [that is 'the end is nigh'] has been pushed along for centuries now from the bible students.

Bible students? That is quite debatable at best. Not for the members of the WTS, but from their own publications.

Just saying....that lying for the truth allows you to say ANYTHING.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    They do it with the bible, so to me it's a carry over from that. Find a sentence which works, shoehorn it into the text, job done. I agree with those arguing that it is impossible for some of the misquotes not to have been done other than with the deliberate intent to deceive. There's just no way one can hack some of their misquotes without it being deliberate. It could well be a reflection of poor writing and editorial standards, an absolute incompetence which allows deception to be published, but I'd be more inclined to think that it is an organisation operating in a way which reflects its absolute contempt for those reading what it puts out. Few will fact check at the time, and even those do so against strong warnings not to do so. And everyone is aware of the penalties for speaking out about errors. One learns to let things slide into a safe blindspot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit