Food for thought

by braincleaned 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

The "dented cake mold" model would be valid if humans and stars, trees, animals all grow old and die because of sin.

The consequence of touching, eating of the forbidden tree was PREMATURE death, not death per se, not an instant genetic downgrade.

Death was build into the human condition. proof?

the need of the tree of life to mitigate that.

withheld as a punishment.

A&E children just carried the genes their parents had from the beginning, perfect for continued life of all species on this planet.

The genes that morphed from the first life billions of years ago and we still carry today,

how much more perfect could it get?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In the realm of modern intellectually honesty there isn't any logical reasoning within ancient mythology other than historical human ignorance

is a real and known fact.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The old dented tin thingy struck me as wrong when I first heard it, as an active JW. I thought to myself, and then said to others "If sin is passed on Genetically, it can be cured genetically."

I have since thought too, prompted by posters on here, how immoral the idea of "the sins of the fathers...." is.

The Jehovah of the WT/JW religion really has little idea about what is morally acceptable to 21st Century, right thinking people.

He should be consigned back to the Dark Ages from whence he came. (Nearly all the thoughts of that windbag Augustine of Hippo belong in their own time to, they have no place here and now).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't look for it now, but there is a comedy bit on youtube about it where God withheld knowledge from Adam and Eve and wouldn't simply forgive them for being the way they were created- wanting knowledge. And God went on to punish people for being the way He created them until God found some loophole in that he sacrificed Himself to Himself in order to forgive them for being as He created them.

It isn't funny when I type it out, but it was on youtube.

It might have been Ricky Gervais.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Yes Ricky Gervais did that, and also DarkMatter2525 on YouTube...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit