Interesting email from a lurker

by Fading Begins 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

I received an email from a member who is not comfortable posting yet, says for now he just lurks - but he/she made a very interesting comment about the gb giving instructions to the elders about making adjustments. Here is an exact quote: "For all you brothers that have responsibilites giving talks, public talks on the platform, assemblies and convections coming up, you have some work to do. You are going to have to relook at those scriptures you are using, and make some adjustments in whatever it says from the Bible. And we know you will do that. And ones coming this week, you will have a lot of work to do right away, and some of us will have a little more time than that." I want to copy the email so I will submit this and come back. Thx

Here is the email sent to me:

i'd like to thank you for this report. sime of us were not sure if anyone would get the meeting on tape or relay its contents somehow...thank you kindly!!!!

now, it took me a few pages but i found it!!! the subliminal new light, that is...the cyrptic message by the fds, if you will. that i dont think anyone has picked up on...yet i SEE IT CLEARLY, when this was posted in your thread:

[If we love Jehovah have to love new Bible. We will be drawn to it. Brothers must revisit popular scriptures and make adjustments using new Bible.]

Do YOU see the actual new light that is hidden among the verbage?

Hint: just WHAT are the "popular scriptures"? Yet, more abundantly important, what POLICIES did those scriptures manifest into?

EXACTLY! The are going to readjust those scriptures in order to manifest "new light" into the most deadliest of wt policies: the refusing of blood transfusions.

Astounding, isn't it?

So thanks again for your contributions here.

I think this a really great observation. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a directive from the GB to BOEs to make sure they understand these specific "revised" scriptures, and how they affect "new light" on old policies. A subtle way to set up the rank and file to see these "adjustments" are from Jehovah, so again can't be questioned.

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Sorry everyone - I had to use edit to add email. Interested in any comments.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I said to a brother this afternoon that I feel very convinced that 2014 is going to be a very notable year for Witnesses, in view of the direction the GB has been taking, and I think many more are going to be further shaken by what emanates from the so-called FDS!

• Splash
    Splash

Dotted throughout the presentations were references to elders, and how they should ow take note of something or other.

I'm sure they will diligently refresh their public talk back catalogs, just as they did when the talks were reduced in time from 45 to 30 mins.

I was suprised to hear the GB referring to the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" in the third person.
    Never did thay say eg "You should thank us for this Bible", or "We have provided this for you...", always the "F&DS".

Splash

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah pretty weird to refer yourself in the third person. When the F&DS was all the anointed they could just about get away with it. Modest it is not.

• prologos
    prologos

dont forget when they are talking as a single person, like alone on the mike, they are a domestic, not the FDS. and the FDS=GB or 2/3 of the GB,

it is a must that they use the 3rd person.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No it's not. They could say "we", obviously. In fact it's weird they don't.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A subtle way to set up the rank and file to see these "adjustments" are from Jehovah, so again can't be questioned.

Yes and to watch out for potential members to pose doubting questions relating to the new Bible and its adjustments.

Elders are constantly put on pressure to watch out for weak doubters or the possible dreaded apostates.

One can only imagine how many of these doubters are going to point out its been 100 years since 1914 come next year.

Be prepared elders, be prepared !

• stillin
    stillin

That could be seen as humility. Like, "I, too, am being fed by Jesus' appointed slave."

I get that...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I do remember that statement being made towards the end (by Morris?), but I don't see how it leads to anything bigger or nefarious. He's simply saying that if you built a point in your talk around a verse that uses word X, and now the verse uses word Y, you need to find that problem before you give your talk. It would be remiss of him not to give that reminder. I'm not discounting the possibility that changes in the new Bible might have been made to support doctrines or doctrinal changes, but until we have evidence of such, this is taking a bit too far of a leap in thinking.

Splash: The GB speakers multiple times actually referred to "the Governing Body" in the third person, not just the F&DS (and yes, we know they're the same entity now). But as stated above, since they're a part of the whole, this isn't totally unwarranted or strange. A CEO will often refer to his company as something that does or that, rather than saying "we". It's an ordinary mode of speech. I do think that, in the GB's case, it's a feigned humility, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit