JW's relationship problems?

by Matty 21 Replies latest social relationships

• Matty
    Matty

Not yet, I've only just recently plucked up the courage to register here after guiltily lurking occasionally. Give me a bit of time.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Yeah, Matty, what you said about not being able to relate to people on the outside of the JWs is exactly what I felt for a long time. Then I forced myself to go out to dinner with them and sort of soaked up what the "worldly tribe" was all about. It felt awkward for a long time. I also visited a church and met some cool people at the Sunday school there. I joined a general "recovery group" and found a lot of people who were willing to be supportive. I joined a Bible study at work and made some friends there. Going to association meetings in my job field was another thing.

If you have a hobby or sport or interest or passion of any kind, there are tons of people out there that share it. That's one good place to get started integrating yourself socially outside of the Borg. My current hobby is learning to sail. In fact, I have so many things I'm interested in, it's hard to pick one and settle down and become an expert in it. But since I'm not going to so many meetings, I do have more time to pursue them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit