The real reason for the push to get children baptized.......

by EndofMysteries 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It is one the bigget evils they do. Frequent how about 6 year olds or 8 year olds. Scientist recently have found a human brain keeps developing up the age of 25. With this new research there is no way a child younger that 12 can make a adult decision let alone a young person who is a teenager. This was one of the big sticking points with me when I left. Totally ADD

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I just heard the recording of the meeting where one of the GB says, is your child of 7 or 8 years old still an unbaptized publisher? I thought wth??

• rmt1
    rmt1

The adult parents who offer propitiatory child sacrifices to this Moloch have no excuse and are fully aware. This is too noxious a stench to pretend away. I would stick this under the umbrella of child abuse and hold the parent individually, severally, legally and financially liable for harm done to a child of 8 years old that was coerced into baptism. This is UN declaration of human rights territory. "Revolting" doesn't cover it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

EndOfMysteries - "The WT doesn't like this loophole, so they are hoping to get them baptised before their teen years so that if they wake up and decide to leave, they will be dfed. Hoping to keep them trapped and be trapped before they understand the religion."

Sounds almost Machiavellian.

Not that I disbelieve you. I think you might actually be on to something, in fact; authoritarian leaders often feel very threatened by individuals who are able to do an end-run around the rules.

So, what? Are we gonna be seeing infant baptism in 20-30 years? (assuming the WTS even lives that long, which, quite frankly, would surprise the hell out of me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit