Anything new BESIDES new bible release at the annual meeting?

by EndofMysteries 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

Judging by these comments the 'new' must have been guided by an obsolete chart and a faulty compass.

• Dont they realize the scholastic world and every reader of scriptures will go over this with a lens to compare to check to verify?
    • Do they think they can just do what they like and say this is (the new) right and dont read the others? H-E-L-L-O !
    • Knowledge is flashed around the world in a nano second as I am talking to you all now.
    • The casual reader of today is light year ahead of the ardent student of years past due to the web.
    • JW are using the web and the wts is still getting its trainer pants on in this regard.

all will be considered in the 'light' of the FDS being role radically altered from all the bethel workers to the elect of the GB.

and the sunami of court cases for abuse baring down on the wts that they are losing with all the resultant terrible exposure.

They are just digging the hole deeper the one they have got themselves in!

• blondie
    blondie

sisterproof...means under the Law women were when they had their menstrual cycle...only once a month...whereas men are unclean after every semen emission

(Leviticus 15:16, 17)

16 “‘Now in case a man has an emission of semen go out from him, he must then bathe all his flesh in water and be unclean until the evening. 17 And any garment and any skin upon which the emission of semen gets to be must be washed with water and be unclean until the evening.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

blondie:

sisterproof...means under the Law women were when they had their menstrual cycle...only once a month...whereas men are unclean after every semen emission

Yes. This is kind of like when a watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.

Compare Judges 6:37-38.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The "bum witness" and "sisterproof" comments are only strange-sounding because they were reported completely out of context. As I recall, there wasn't even a phrase "bum witness" uttered at any time. The remark was related to a woman thinking she can marry another man while her husband is asleep, because that's what one scripture says. The scripture is obviously referring to her husband sleeping in death, so the old NWT added "[in death]" in there. The brackets have now been removed in the new NWT but the text is the same.

So the joke was slightly off-topic because it wasn't explaining a change in the new NWT, but rather the reason for the original insertion. I guess the point was to justify the removal of brackets, as really the insertion is what many translators would have done, therefore there was never any need to draw attention to the insertion in the first place. However, I am sure that other removed brackets are somewhat more questionable in terms of what they are covering over.

• zeb
    zeb

Sisterproof? My first reaction was how bloody patronising! The flag of sexist attitude of the gb is now flying from the mast heads!

I wonder what Mary (yes that one) would say at such an assertion?

The wt arrogance knows no boundaries.

Were I to be given the task of revising the bible. I would go to a forrest area for some weeks on mimimal diet and lots of fresh air and clean water. I would leave the cursed phone home, have no tv or radio I would meditate. Thus I would seek to be flushed cleansed of all the detritus of the age before undertaking such a responsible job. I would seek to humble myself before the holy spirit and then ask its most powerful and defining guidance.

... and i would not be wearing a suit...

• suavojr
    suavojr

but Pierce did say the bible is siter proof, because the bible cover is durable.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

What is the actual name of the bible on the cover?

What is the rendering of Acts 15:29? Is it still abstain from blood?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

But the Bible is GRAY; that proves how close the end is. It's GRAY . No one else has gray Bibles, because ours is true; its gray.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Name on the Bible Cover is:

New World translation of the Holy Scriptures

They are referring to it as the 2013 edition

• man oh man
    man oh man

Acts 15:29:

to keep abstaining from things scrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality.

Did anyone mention the new bible has watchtower copy right fonts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit