All hail the Governing Body and God's Corporation

by mindnumbed 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

An annual meeting is a legal requirement for a corporation.

The Watchtower annual meeting (AGM) is a legal event that has become the biggest spiritual event of the year, overshadowing what is supposed to be the most important event, the Memorial of Christ's death.

Praise be to the Governing Buddies who sit on the throne of Christ.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

mindnumbed: Praise be to the Governing Buddies who sit on the throne of Christ.

You mean the Christ that is invisibly present?

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

mindnumbed: Praise be to the Governing Buddies who sit on the throne of Christ.

I think it's more like "who sh*t on the throne of Christ."

• Fernando
  • Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

While it's true that this meeting is a legal requirement, credit should be given to the organization for obeying Caesar's law as it does not interfere with God's law. It should also be pointed out that this meeting is NOT overshadowing the Memorial. True, opening this meeting to all in the Christian congregation, baptized or not is unprecedented, but even more important is that it was the loving and inclusive thing to do. Some attending for the first time are a bit overly excited and I hope this event will prove to be of much encouragement to them.

Ironically, it appears that the apostate community is more interested in this event than the ones actually attending this event for the first time. Too bad ex-JWs are incapable of organizing their own annual meeting, corporate requirement or not. I guess such disorganization is the result of these ones losing the pure language. As a result they're incapable of a unified approach towards building a tower to the heavens and have to settle with confused language and being dispersed throughout the landscape.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

SfPW - Watchtower spiritual food is nothing but a mirage in a spiritual desert. If it makes you feel good and satisfied, good for you, your participation here would suggest otherwise. Best wishes.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

SFPW - You got it badly wrong boy; we haven't all been invited. In UK it appears to be down to the elders to decide who's worthy or not.

Be good if you could get things straight before saying things that are not correct!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

True enough, in the UK segregation rules. I know at least 5 JWs in good standing who've not been invited. One of them baptised 40 years ago.

• IAMNOBODYOFCONCERN
    IAMNOBODYOFCONCERN

TRUE

STAND FOR PURE WORSHIP

WHY DOESNT THE EX JWS ON THIS SIGHT CREATE AN ORGINSATION START CREATING THERE REGULAR MEETINGS AND ANNUAL MEETING. LETS SEE IF JEHOVAH BACKS IT,IF HE DOES I GUESS HE 'LL BLESS IT IF NOT START RE ALIGNING YOUR THOUGHTS.

THERES SO MANY HERE BELIEVING THEY ARE RIGHT.THEY ARE CONVINCED THEY ARE HAPPY.

I DOUBT AS A MATTER OF FACT I KNOW THERE AINT NO JEHOVAHS SPIRIT HERE.

YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO GO YOU'S ARE LOST,THERES ONLY BITTERNESS,ANGER AND HATRED.

MOST OF YOU'S THAT HANG ON THIS SIGHT ,GET A JOB DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF ARGUING BOUT THE WATCHTOWER

EITHER GO BACK,LEAVE IT ALONE,OR START YOUR OWN ORGANISATION.

THERE IS NO WAYS A PERSON CAN OBTAIN ACCURATE SPIRITUAL FOOD IN SUCH DISOGANISATION.

DON'T GET OTHERS WRONG ABOUT PARTICIPATION ON THE SITE WE NOT ALL AGREEABLES TO THE EX JWS

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

When the WTBTS offered to put up the entire "Patterson Complex" as collateral when they decided to appeal the Candice Conti verdict we could have had a

great meeting place to do just that. The attorneys for Candice decided that this would only slow down final payment to Candice if and when the settlement is finalized.

So instead of getting off the hook, the WTBTS has had to pay the, ( I beleive it is correct) 87,000 yearly bond premium to the insurance company to guarentee payment to Ms Conti.

All found on court records if you care to verify.

Standforpureworship,....How do you feel about the WTBTS offering up Patterson like that?

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit