What am I going to wear to the AGM?

by sherrie11 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

This is what some spiritual women in the troof and that have been honoured with an invitation to the historic AGM will be thinking.

I am going to admit one of the reasons I enjoyed the meetings was getting to dress up. How many women out there found the meetings an excuse to dress up. How often did you shop or co ordinate outfits so you looked great every meeting.

Please sisters share your experiences.

I didnt know what designer clothes were before I joined the cult.

I also didnt realise being popular boils down to how you look in that organization

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Absolutely!!! Shoes and bags. False nails. But I have to admit me and my duaghter didn't go as far as fake tan and eyelashes. We had to draw the line somewhere I suppose.

• label licker
    label licker

Had a poor lonely young woman walk off the streets on memorial evening and wanted to start a study so I did. During the memorial she told me there's just no way she could afford to look like some of these bobbleheads. Shortly after she was gone. She was too intimidated just by outward appearances alone. What was really sad was you couldn't get an educated conversation out of some of these sisters. And they were always the first not to be seen with the poor. They only hung around with those that had the same outward appearances. I don't even know how some could have afforded their outfits.

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit