Lurkers and Apologists, can you please explain.....

by DATA-DOG 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

..from the Scriptures why...

1) Material wealth is a sign of Jehovah's blessing in our modern day.

2) Why Jehovah blesses the growth of chicken populations, but allows active Jehovah's Witnesses to die in field service, or on the way to Conventions, and on the way to celebrate the Memorial?

3) Why Jesus is not your mediator?

Bibles and a Concordance ONLY. Thank you.

DD

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I hope you're not holding your breath!!! :)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hi Searcher!

No takers?! Anyone? OK, I will check back in a couple of hours.

DD

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

DD,

Good idea for a thread to get them out the woodwork. They want to know what we think about having 60 chickens and not one getting sick just because they went to the DC.

Yes Matt 6.33 last night's item was tragic. I think they would have thanked Jehovah no matter what good happened and blamed Satan for the bad stuff because he is the ruler of the world 1John 5:19.

Clarity had a good idea to get newbies posting.

Hope you get some more responses

70wks.....

• Comatose
    Comatose

what is this about chickens? was it in the meeting part lol?

• Comatose
    Comatose

found it in another thread. Makes me want to vomit.

hmmmmm.... So god lets the Whitney Heichel get raped and forced to perform oral sex, but he saves chickens.

The reason I hate these types of experiences is that it says one thing very clearly. God was pleased with the chicken family but not pleased with Whitney... Or else he could have saved her right? Not very fair for all the people who didnt get a divine miracle in their lives to have to know god didn't care about them or their loved ones but that he did care about the chicken people.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's an idiotic tale. Another example was given of a family that could not catch any fish, so they went in service. They put their fishing traps in some water lilies. During the day, Jehovah made it get really windy. Then all the fish hid from the wind where the traps were. The family was blessed by Jehovah for going in service.

Now, I am not saying that God could not make it windy. But would it have been windy that day if the family stayed home? Why would God bless chicken procreation and spook some fish for a hungry JW family, but not save pioneers from dog attacks, or a bus load of JW's from death on their way to a DC?! Why would he not save children from molesters within the valley of protection, the modern day Ark, the one true Christian Organization?! Why would he allow Whitney to die a horrifc and undignified death at the hands of another "True Christian", but make sure another JW pioneer gets $66 dollars in tips?

Lurkers and Apologists, can you please shed some biblical light on this subject?

DD

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Wait... what did the Borg told me to say?.....

• cantleave
    cantleave

*crickets*

*tumbleweed*

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

datadog,

you are confusing what the Bible actually says about God and what you've been taught God is. This is why your questions don't seem to have a logical answer.

But apply what the Bible REALLY states who or what God is and it becomes a little clearer.

Above all else (meaning that God can be many things), the Bible states that God IS Love. (not a man in heaven sitting on a throne, angry at people, but concerned with chickens.) God IS love, and conversely Love IS God. I do not need to define what love is since I am sure you know exactly what it is. But as you describe it in your mind, know that you are describing God. After all, that is what the Bible says God is.

1) Material wealth is a sign of Jehovah's blessing in our modern day.

If you've become wealthy materially, you can be rest assured that you've been blessed. Who or what has blessed you? Retrace your steps to see how you got to be wealthy, and you'll find your answer.

2) Why Jehovah blesses the growth of chicken populations, but allows active Jehovah's Witnesses to die in field service, or on the way to Conventions, and on the way to celebrate the Memorial?

Here you are implying that 'God' has made a decision, to spare chickens yet kill innocent people. The Bible states that God is perfect and shows no favoritism (to chickens in your example). The Bible also states that 'unforseen occurrences' are a reality. Which is it?

3) Why Jesus is not your mediator?

mediator - a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between. - from wikipedia The Bible doesn't contradict the definition of a mediator above. I know these questions might not have been directed at me specifically, but i wanted to get involved in the conversation all the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit