by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

marking for later

• Terry
    Terry

Mark for later, but READ SOON!

Product Details

I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon: A Prisoner of Conscience in a Time of War by Terry Edwin Walstrom (Oct 4, 2013)

Sponsored Links

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/m0rtslaw

I Wept by the Rivers of Babylon: A Prisoner of Conscience in a Time of War

Authored by Terry Edwin Walstrom

List Price: $14.98 6" x 9" (15.24 x 22.86 cm)
    Black & White on White paper
    218 pages ISBN-13: 978-1492902065 (CreateSpace-Assigned)
    ISBN-10: 1492902063
    BISAC: Biography & Autobiography / Personal Memoirs I imagine there are a great many young men and women who--unless I warn them--will go down the self-same path I took, wasting my youth.
    I WEPT BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON is a cautionary tale for unwitting travelers on their imagined road to heaven or paradise.
    I mark the blind alleys, pitfalls, side-tracks to nowhere and last horizon where sanity drops off and HERE THERE BE DRAGONS.
    iF I can stop just one more person from going along with the Watch Tower allure of empty promises and broken dreams, I can stop my nightmare from its eternal return. You see, it was too late for me... Entire Description

• Farkel
    Farkel

Terry,

You wrote:

:Looking back, I made a real mistake by registering for the draft in the first place. I sincerely doubt any other brothers in my congregation did.

:I mean, as far as I know--I was the only bro to go to prison.

Since you and I are basically the same age and went through the same process in the same era, I should mention that we brothers were told by the WTS that we should register for the draft, which I dutifully did in 1966 when I turned 18. As far as I know, all the other brothers my age did the same thing, but I can't know for sure. I do know for sure that if any of them did not do that, they never spoke about that to me.

As far as being the only "bro" to go to prison, I knew at least 4 brothers in my little part of the world who went to prison. All of them were about 2 years older than myself.

When I read your book, I was startled to find out that only about 3,000 dub males were convicted of draft evasion in America during that period. Like you, I was one of them. I had assumed that there were probably tens of thousands who were convicted, but you and I were part of an "elite" group who paid the biggest price, and your price was much worse than the one I paid. I was sentenced to two years in prison, but suspended upon me doing two years of alternative military service without any compensation.

Your book was a hard read for me, Terry. It brought back a bunch of painful memories and humiliations from those many years ago. I literally had tears in my eyes when I read about the horrible experiences you had. They were similar to those experienced by several brothers I spoke with who also went to prison for the same "crime" which they were compelled to commit by a bunch of idiotic lying old bastards in Brooklyn who couldn't care less about the damage they do to young, gullible and vulnerable human beings.

Farkel

• Terry
    Terry

Farkel:

Your book was a hard read for me, Terry. It brought back a bunch of painful memories and humiliations from those many years ago. I literally had tears in my eyes when I read about the horrible experiences you had. They were similar to those experienced by several brothers I spoke with who also went to prison for the same "crime" which they were compelled to commit by a bunch of idiotic lying old bastards in Brooklyn who couldn't care less about the damage they do to young, gullible and vulnerable human beings.

I really appreciate your telling me that, Farkel. It was every bit as tough getting it out and on paper.

I've had feedback from a lot of areas of the world and the positive comments make me glad I got this story out in the open.

The Watch Tower leadership expected us to do what we did and they thought nothing of dropping us into it; there was no compunction about

any harm done, either. They didn't appreciate anybody's sacrifice and didn't hesitate to cut us loose the minute we were no longer useful.

I'd say we lived through it, learned from it, grew wiser and now use our remaining time letting the word go forth: those egg-sucking dogs

didn't deserve our loyalty and innocence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit