You Will Share in the Final Witness ;)

by ISP 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

*** w50 1/15 25 Who Will Share in the Final Witness? ***
    18 Too busy to preach? Like some in Jesus' day, do any make excuses that they have a farm, or livestock, or a wife that takes their time and leaves no time for the new world? (Luke 14:17-20) Do they allow thorny entanglements with this world and its cares and riches to choke out gospel-preaching? (Matt. 13:7, 22) Do not most persons find some time for less essential things, such as secular work? shopping for food? reading the newspaper? listening to the radio? visiting friends? relaxing by some form of recreation? and perhaps even sleeping in some Sunday mornings? The last query reminds of the next-too lazy? Proverbs 6:6-11 says (Moff.): "You sluggard, how long will you sleep? When will you rise from your slumber? 'Let me sleep for a little, a little! let me fold my hands for a little, to rest?' yes, and poverty will pounce on you, want will overpower you." But perhaps such ones are too tired to live forever, and prefer to sleep forever, in death, undisturbed by clanging alarm clocks or resurrections!

Yes you see it is a matter of getting a sense of proportion. The end is sooo near that it is clearly a waste of time managing that farm. Let those animals look after themselves. If they starve or something-it is not the end of the world. I am also satisfied that the end will come before you are prosecuted for neglect/maltreatment of animals.

Wives can be a problem. They tend to want new clothes and to 'go out'. Also can be particularly fussy, like wanting carpet, matching cups and plates, toilet roll etc. If she thinks life is better in Satan's satanic demonised world - let her go. *** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 7:29 ***
    29 Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. Henceforth let those who have wives be as though they had none,

Also note the less essential things. Do not be concerned if you cannot hold down a regular job. Those bills can be a problem but there are a number of agencies that can provide accommodation/shelter FREE in the event you are evicted. Also children can placed in care temporary. You can often get them back if you really want. There are a number of state benefits that you may qualify for if you have no job. It is a matter of using the system. First century Christians used the roads that the Romans made to good effect. Likewise the shrewd Christian will only work until he can get dismissed or otherwise leave to claim state benefits. In that way you are following the divine counsel of Paul's *** Rbi8 1 Corinthians 7:31-32 ***
    and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing.

Shopping for food is clearly a non-essential pursuit. Its incredible what can be found in neighbours bins and also how neighbours will often provide food if you ask. After The Great Day you will have their nice house with carpet, matching cups and plates and toilet roll so you can enjoy a good relationship with them without getting envious.

Newspapers contain worldly ideas and are a hideous sight. Anything that is printed that is good and favourable about us we will feature prominently in our own magazines. Anything that is not is a lie, distortion and inspired of Satan and would only serve to mislead. No good news is to be found only "the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, idolatry, practice of spiritism, hatreds, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these".-Gal. 5:19-21,
    Spend the little time you have to only read Watchtower publications that never go out of date.

In this way you will share in the final witness. Guaranteed or your money, house, wife and kids, life back. Well……..er not quite.

ISP;)

• neyank
    neyank

Hi ISP,
    I remember hearing talks like that at the KH.
    Always putting down anything that had to do with living in this "system of things".
    It's no wonder there is so much depression in the orginization.
    What always got to me was the fact that the WTS was more than happy to take advantage of "worldly oginizations" to get by.
    If they want to be separate from the world,why ask the world to help?
    But that is the majority of thinking in the org.

You've got to hand it to the WTS. They know how to brainwash.
    Getting the R&F to view the world with disgust.

neyank

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks, ISP, for the post,

I've noticed that the style of Watchtower articles in the early 1950s showed a zealot emphasis, so that the article you quote is not an exception.

Did you notice this sentence in your quote: "But perhaps such ones are too tired to live forever, and prefer to sleep forever, in death, undisturbed by clanging alarm clocks or resurrections!"

Clearly the writer (the F&DS?) is tying salvation to works; in other words, if you don't do the work, you won't get paid! So, since everlasting life is a higher rate of pay, choose this job INSTEAD of your secular work. Isn't that what the writer is saying? And to think that the worldwide association of brothers (including my parents who were converted at that time, as a response to that drivel) was made to "study" that article and to repeat its words in congregation meetings! Incredible! The word of God has been taken and turned on its head. The writer(s) have taken us (them) back to the law, just as the Pharisees did. Romans 3:27 reads: "Where, then, is the boasting? It is shut out. Through what law? That of works? No indeed, but through the law of Faith."

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Y'know, it's kinda funny that that article is older than most of the posters here. How 'bout a more recent one, eh?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Y'know, it's kinda funny that that article is older than most of the posters here. How 'bout a more recent one, eh?

But, why? Truth is truth, is it not? What was true then should still be true now. Unless it was a lie then. And if it was a lie then, it was not the truth, and we were being taught a lie. And if we were being taught a lie, then we could not claim to be in the "truth", unless it was actually true, in which case it is still true, and totally appropriate.

• neyank
    neyank

Redhorse Woman,
    I totaly,completely,and without a doubt agree with you.
    If it was true then, it must be true now.
    After all,If the WTS gets their "light"from God like they claim to do
    then whatever they taught way back then must still true now.

neyank

• waiting
    waiting

You go girls.

Amen sisters.

Waydago bitch!

waiting - too much caffine again, oops.

• ISP
    ISP

[Y'know, it's kinda funny that that article is older than most of the posters here. How 'bout a more recent one, eh?]

In the context of JC coming in 1914 and the FDS being appointed in 1919 etc. 1950+ is fine and funny.

BTW I comment on current magazines, usually every issue.
    ISP

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey, I really enjoyed this "quote" from the "article" from "1950".

• TR
    TR

DLJ,

The old light not bright enough? Here's some newer light:

"For the year 2000, I visualize a world transformed into a beautiful paradise! But I don't think that either the present world or it's rulers will live to see that day.. We are living in the last days of this system of things."{AWAKE Nov 8 1986}

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit