One Born Every Minute [Watchtower CLASSLESS? LOL!]

by Focus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Focus
    Focus

[This has also been added as a new thread]

I have some more Watchtower Classes (all from the Russell era). A particularly ironic one is the:

Eph. 5:11 Class

which Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence defines on page 2 of its February 1888 issue:

Mr. Spurgeon evidently refers to the same class in its many forms so often reproved (Eph. 5:11) in the TOWER, who reject the inspiration of the Bible, laugh at the stories of the flood and of Balaam's speaking ass, and Jonah and the fish, etc.; who declare with great show of worldly wisdom that Adam's fall must have been upward, and who, denying the original sin and its penalty, see no reason to believe in a redemption from that fall by the precious blood of Christ, and who consequently deny the ransom, and claim that our Lord was merely a good example, and that the whole world in God's order is being evolved from lower to higher conditions, and that all will finally be saved irrespective of faith and obedience to a 'historic Christ.' This error, as we have shown, is spreading into all the pulpits and pews of 'Christendom' rapidly, being helped along by the false views hitherto held concerning the wages of sin and the character of our Lord's ransom-sacrifice. That Mr. Spurgeon is opposing this same class, is evident
    Spurgeon, an ex-Baptist Spurgeon, did not use the word "class" or any similar one. Russell deemed him to be referring to a "class". Russell saw "classes" everywhere, and Russell's thinking underpins basic JW thinking till today (he was the closest to an intellectual that the borg ever got in its upper echelons)

Let us see who fulfills the membership criteria for the Eph. 5:11 Class today!

Well, the Watchtower rejects the divine nature of the Bible, as we see from WT April 1 1920 page 103:

"That it contains some mistakes is freely admitted. Even the Bible contains some."
    The WT of April 15 1928 concurred on page 126:

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible"
    The Watchtower instructs its followers (well, over 99.9% of them) to reject the blood of Christ.

The Watchtower demeans Christ in every way it can get away with. Remember "The World's Greatest MAN" book?

The Watchtower teaches that almost all who died in earlier times will be saved, irrespective of faith.

The Watchtower and its followers are therefore themselves members of the "Eph. 5:11" Class.

Ephesians 5:11:
    "Have no dealings with the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead reprove them."

--
    Focus
    (Judges 1:19 Wagon Class)

• JT
    JT

FOCUS

i love that list

• Focus
    Focus

JT wrote:

FOCUS
    i love that list
    For that kindness, I give you page 2 of the October 1880 issue of Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence, which says:

"We know that it could not mean that Jesus is coming in the flesh. This he did once when he came as a sin-offering in a flesh body prepared for the purpose-'A body hast thou prepared me, etc.' But he comes not again to death and consequently would have no use for a body of flesh: 'Yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet, now henceforth know we Him (so) no more.' The same apostle continues the same subject saying: (1 John 4:3.) 'Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come (erkomai-came) in the flesh is not of God; and this is that spirit of Anti-Christ, whereof ye have heard that it should come.' Here again John is not discussing the second coming of Jesus but is endeavoring to prove his having come once. (See verses 14 and 15.) This was the only thing necessary to combat in that day. People believed that Jesus had lived, but denied his being - the Christ, the sent of God, as the same class of anti-christs do to-day who deny that 'Jesus is the Son of God.'
    So, you have it - the Anti-Christ Class, to add to your list!

Of course, by elsewhere repeatedly claiming that the first of Christ was either not in the flesh, or in the materialized body of someone else, the Watchtower itself strikes at the whole credibility of the New Testament based on the divinity of Jesus... If the witnesses did not see the resurrected Christ in his body, they could have just been tricked by a hoaxster saying "I am Jesus returned in the body of another". They had a lot to gain by going along with this. An apostle without a gospel is an out-of-work apostle! Therefore, the Watchtower is a member of the Anti-Christ Class.

May 2002 bring you what you want from it, stopping only where your neighbor's nose begins. I'm about done now myself.

--
    Focus
    (Anti- Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit