One Born Every Minute [Watchtower CLASSLESS? LOL!]

by Focus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Like Jehu,

What did you learn that was the same as the last 20 years?

Wanted to be fair, ya know.

waiting

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

THe "jackass" class? I believe Joseph Rutherford belonged to that class and rightfully admitted it.

WT October 1,1984 page 24 bottom of page

• Focus
    Focus

> I believe Joseph Rutherford belonged to that class and rightfully admitted it. WT October 1,1984 page 24 bottom of page

Indeed:

"Brother Rutherford was like an understanding and loving father to me, even though he repeatedly had occasion to reprove me for breaking some rule. I especially remember one time when he gave me a blunt reproof. The next time he saw me, he cheerily said, 'Hello Karl!' But because of still feeling hurt, I just muttered a greeting. He countered, 'Karl, watch out! The Devil's after you!' Embarrassed, I replied, 'Oh, there's nothing, Brother Rutherford.' But he knew better, and so repeated his warning, 'That's all right. Just watch out. The Devil's after you.' How right he was! When we harbor resentment against a brother, especially for saying something he has a right to say in the line of duty, we leave ourselves open to the Devil's snares. -Ephesians 4:25-27. Once, due to some misunderstanding, it was wrongly reported to Brother Rutherford that I had made a very critical remark about him. However, rather than becoming indignant, he remarked: 'Well, Karl talks a lot, and he says things he doesn't mean.' What a fine example for all of us, in case we hear someone saying uncomplimentary things about us! Yes, Brother Rutherford was bighearted and very understanding. He showed this to me on the one hand by repeatedly making exceptions in my case when unusual circumstances seemed to merit his doing so, and on the other hand by apologizing on more than one occasion when he had thoughtlessly caused me some hurt.. 'I know I made an ass of myself.'"

The reference is to his prophetic mega-failure re 1925.

--
    Focus
    (Zephaniah Class)

• TR
    TR

Yo, Fred.

You must belong to the "hang out with the apostate" class. I'm amazed but not shocked that some still loyal JW's like to hang on boards like this. There's nothing you can teach us, Fred. But hanging out here and at H20, you must have learned quite a bit about your org. I just don't get why after all this education, you still support the WTS. I guess you get to graduate to the "denial" class.

TR

• larc
    larc

Hey TR,

From what Freddy wrote to us earlier, when he was younger he was a member of the "I can act like an idiot as a teenager and get away with it class."

• larc
    larc

You know TR,

Fred has only been here a short while, and he has already shown that there is no point in being ignorant unless you can show it off. I think he is amusing.

• ISP
    ISP

I thought this was cool! And well worth a review!

Where is little old Focus thesedays?

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

Focus

You must be in the wayfarcool class.

SS of the heinz ketchup class

• Farkel
    Farkel

Focus!

Good to cya back after such a long hiatus! Keep on comin'!

Tallyman: you too!

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• LDH
    LDH

I knew you loved me!

Lisa

Hey Focus, while you were gone I had a baby class!
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16324&site=3#201732

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit