Temp Bethelites

by A question 6 Replies latest jw friends

• A question
    A question

Has anyone here served as a temporary Bethelite? What was it like for you at the time?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When I did Temp work at the Wt. it was said to us that we was part of the bethel family during the time we was there. The first time I did Temp work was in 2004. That was when the first of many big cracks in my thinking began. I saw millions of dollars wroth of real estate just sitting there doing nothing expect bethelites living in them just to maintain them. I could not understand why this was happening. It made on sense to me at the time. Finally in 2007 the light came streaming in and I then understood why. It was all about money and nothing else. As far as what was it like it reminded me of the movie the stepford wives. Talk about busy work. They had everybody running around like a bunch of chikens with there heads cut of. One weird story. You had to shower before lunch and after the work day. In the shower room many of the bethelites running around naked without a bit of modesty. Talk about the colorful bikini underware these guys wore. I think I was the only one with plain old white underware. It just struck me to be very odd at the time. I don't really care I just thought it was kind of weird. LOL Totally ADD

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yeah ADD I can kind of understand what you are saying. Although I never worked at Bethel I could never understand why they needed to have such a big building and have so many workers for what was essentially a distribution point. I mean all it was is a wearhouse were the literature would be shipped in from the printing Bethel, and from there it would be moved on to the various congregations.

• Sofi
    Sofi

The brothers with the colorful underwear... that was hilarious

• rebel8
    rebel8

Colorful bikini underwear...WHY?

• A question
    A question

Bump't

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Because tighty whiteys are the best underwear, but they're embarrassing to be seen in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit