Bragging among JWs...

by ohnightdivine 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Posting about the wonderful preaching day on FB..

Posting about what they ate for lunch, snacks, dinner after preaching..

Posting about rubbing elbows with the CO, DO, etc..

Posting about getting into pioneer school..

Swooning over the latest gadgets, right after the meeting..

Being obsessed about what clothes to wear during the assemblies...

etc.. etc..

Being proud of having an SP, Bethelite, etc relative..

Being unable to take pride in academic, secular, or other normal achievements leads to the above, I guess.

And it's not at all different from how "worldly" people behave these days..

• Laika
    Laika

I don't mind bragging really unless it's in done in a way where someone acts better than people who don't do as much service as them.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Proud to be the only religion that gave out free water bottles to firemen at ground zero.

Proud to be the only religion that preaches worldwide. Yes, even if a dub crossed the Afganistan border and stapled a tract to a camel's ass before running back to safety 2 minutes later, that counts too...

• hoser
    hoser

jehovahs witnesses in general have very shallow lives

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

They really do have shallow lives. I did too when i was Uber Dub. You seek to take pride in 'God's' Service and end up doing ungodly things - shunning everyone worldly, having no natural affections, 'showing love' ONLY to 'spiritually' strong ones and being hypocrite entire lives!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I call it the fishbowl syndrome. Without broader interests, it all turns inwards.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

When I was a Jw I NEVER bragged, I'm too modest.

NJY

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

One's got to keep up appearances in the JW religion out of fear of being labelled weak. Especially, if one is on Facebook. Well, they are flirting with Satan on his internet site. To ward off the demons, they act super nutty. Their comments are like waiving garlic at Dracula. They get to be on Facebook, and by posting such nutty comments, they bolster their appearance that they can play on Satan's field without getting hurt. Glad I'm away from that nuthouse. Longer I am gone, the nuttier it all seems.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I think the jw bragging enrages God. Everytime I read Is 3:16-18 it reminds me of how people are at the kingdomhall....

Is 3:16-18 - And Jehovah says: “For the reason that the daughters of Zion have become haughty and they walk with their throats stretched forth and ogling with their eyes, they go walking with tripping steps, and with their feet they make a tinkling sound, 17 Jehovah also will actually make the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion scabby, and Jehovah himself will lay their very forehead bare.......

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

On the above, to have your throat stretched forth you must have your nose high in the air and your head back, and ogling means staring. It perfectly describes those who say, "I've noticed you weren't at the meeting last week" aka ":nose in the air: I am better than you because I was at the meeting last week and you weren't. etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit