If God knows how we are wired, Why punish people for being gay?

by suavojr 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

I just finished reading this story on Yahoo, two comments stick out and cannot comprehend why can't we just show true love and stop beign hurtful to our flesh and blood.

So yes, if God made us and knows how we are wired how can God kill a person for beign gay when they did not choose to be gay? Why the more religious a person is, the more fanatical?

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/father-disowns-homophobic-daughter-in-epic-letter-230436549.html

Today in awesome parenting news: A father, who learned that his daughter disowned his grandson because he was gay, responded in the most amazing way.
    Dear Christine,

I’m disappointed in you as a daughter. You’re correct that we have a “shame in the family”, but mistaken about what it is. Kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real “abomination” here. A parent disowning her child is what goes “against nature.”The only intelligent thing I heard you saying in all this was that “you didn’t raise your son to be gay." Of course you didn’t. He was born this way and didn’t choose it any more than he being left-handed. You however, have made a choice of being hurtful, narrow-minded and backward.So, while we are in the business of disowning our children, I think I’ll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gays put it) grandson to raise, and I don’t have time for heart-less B-word of a daughter. If you find your heart, give us a call. – Dad.

• Rip
    Rip

Being wired so is a judicial error done by scientist, can't be proved

• cofty
    cofty

Being wired so is a judicial error done by scientist, can't be proved

So why is homosexuality common among at least 1500 species of animals?

Approx 10% of rams will have sex with another ram in preference to a sheep.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Good info cofty!

For example, Who decides what we like to eat, drink or do as hobbies? Why would I be guilty of doing something my body simply feels the need for?

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I was born/wired this way.....no question whatsoever

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel, like all xianity, likes to punish people for sex, period. It has to be regulated--the Jewish and Muslim religions do the same crap. Celibacy, leading to monogamy with the opposite sex, is the only way they recognize as valid. Often people (like so many animals) are wired to do fornication, adultery, homosexuality, and occasionally even bestiality (yes, it happens sometimes among animals). Many people are homosexual at times, yet become "straight" in the end. Others are bisexual. Some are primarily or exclusively homosexual not the result of a spell cast on them or hang-ups imposed on them by religion. By no means are these people seeking to force it down the throats of everyone else--aside a few religious scumbags that are doing so in an attempt to get all sex tightly regulated.

Though the washtowel strictly enforces it, the LIE-ble is the source. The Torah (and Talmud) also impose sanctions against gay people, as does the Quran. It is found everywhere Jewish, xian, or Islam influence is found. Exodus and Leviticus are full of homophobia and sexual regulations. Scumbag Paul reiterated most of those hang-ups including homophobia. It is of note that all three of these worthless documents also relegate women as being lower than scum. They also encourage enslavement of whole populations, which means that whatever angelic scum and those they have created and are using to impose this rubbish are the actual threat to humans, not homosexuals.

• DJS
    DJS

Rip,

Go away. But not before you read Maclemore's lyrics (or at least part of them),

"Same Love"

When I was in the third grade I thought that I was gay,
    'Cause I could draw, my uncle was, and I kept my room straight.
    I told my mom, tears rushing down my face
    She's like "Ben you've loved girls since before pre-k, trippin' "
    Yeah, I guess she had a point, didn't she?
    Bunch of stereotypes all in my head.
    I remember doing the math like, "Yeah, I'm good at little league"
    A preconceived idea of what it all meant
    For those that liked the same sex
    Had the characteristics
    The right wing conservatives think it's a decision
    And you can be cured with some treatment and religion
    Man-made rewiring of a predisposition
    Playing God, aw nah here we go
    America the brave still fears what we don't know
    And God loves all his children, is somehow forgotten
    But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago
    I don't know

And I can't change
    Even if I tried
    Even if I wanted to
    And I can't change
    Even if I tried
    Even if I wanted to

• DJS
    DJS

Rip, for your eyes only

Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze needs to hold players accountable for insensitive behaviior

Pat Forde 8 hours ago Yahoo Sports

OK, Hugh Freeze. Time to lead.

Lead your football players at Mississippi out of ignorance and into understanding. Lead your young men toward accountability. Show that the remarkably, distressingly resilient track record for intolerance at Ole Miss can be changed for the better.

Because if ever a situation cries out for a coach to set the tone of team behavior, and to firmly establish what is acceptable and unacceptable, it's the situation at Ole Miss today. This is no time for soft-peddling it. There is a reputation at stake for a team, a university and a state.

View gallery

Mississippi is 3-1 under Hugh Freeze this season. (AP)

And a coach.

If you're unaware, here is the situation as described in the Daily Mississippian, the student paper at Ole Miss:

"Many members of an audience of mostly Ole Miss students, including an estimated 20 Ole Miss football players, openly disrespected and disrupted the Ole Miss theater department's production of 'The Laramie Project' Tuesday night at the Meek Auditorium.

"Cast members of the play, which is about an openly gay male who was murdered in Laramie County in Wyoming, said members of the audience became so disruptive at times that they struggled completing the play.

"According to the play's director and theater faculty member Rory Ledbetter, some audience members used derogatory slurs like 'fag' and heckled both cast members and the characters they were portraying for their body types and sexual orientations. Ledbetter said the audience's reactions included 'borderline hate speech.' "

• DJS
    DJS

Research Study: Low IQ Correlates With Prejudice and Bigotry

Filed By Michael Hamar | January 28, 2012 6:00 PM | 24 comments

Filed in: Fundie Watch, Living
    Tags: anti-gay bigotry , evangelical Christian , homophobic behavior , ignorance,Intellectualism, racism, stupidity, Tony Perkins

I've often wondered how Christianists and the Tea Party crowd can cling to beliefs that defy logic and scientific fact. Now, thanks to a study out of Canada, we may have the answer: They're simply stupid. I mean, literally dumb from a low intelligence perspective.

The new study, done by researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario, Canada, finds that those with low intelligence gravitate towards conservatism and are prone to embrace prejudice of things they don't understand or that are different. I can already hear Tony Perkins, Fox News talking heads and the anti-gay professional Christian set howling and bellowing that Hodson's work is biased or slanted.

When you think of about, however, the correlation tracks with a great deal of everyday experience in dealing with people. If you can't think for yourself, you're an easy target for demagogues who like to blame problems and failings on "the other."

Here are some highlights from Yahoo News on the study findings:

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice. ...

The findings combine three hot-button topics. "They've pulled off the trifecta of controversial topics," said Brian Nosek, a social and cognitive psychologist at the University of Virginia who was not involved in the study. "When one selects intelligence, political ideology and racism and looks at any of the relationships between those three variables, it's bound to upset somebody."

Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions ...

Earlier studies have found links between low levels of education and higher levels of prejudice, Hodson said, so studying intelligence seemed a logical next step ... As suspected, low intelligence in childhood corresponded with racism in adulthood. But the factor that explained the relationship between these two variables was political: When researchers included social conservatism in the analysis, those ideologies accounted for much of the link between brains and bias. People with lower cognitive abilities also had less contact with people of other races.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Assumes that most gays are born that way. Biggest gay propaganda myth. Only about 1% are born that way, we can let them go. But most homosexuality is a learned behaviour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit