Wow! Things have moved on!

by Oneoutallout 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

This is only my second or third post. My previous posts were under the username Piglet. I couldnt remember my log in details so i have now changed my username, which I feel is more relevant now anyway. I had laid off posting here in order to keep the peace. Although this forum has been a great encouragement for me. Thank you all!

Back to my point! Hopefully this will be encouraging to all of you faders etc, that are trying to get others out of the cult.

I have been out since July 2011. I had made it very clear to elders, family and JW 'friends', that I didnt believe a word of the nonsense any more. I blabbed it all out, knowing the possible consequences, but unable to pretend anymore. I thought it would all 'hit the fan'. Funny enough, it did, but not to the extent I expected. To cut a long story short, the congregation have shunned me but those involved with us on a business level, child care, that kind of thing, are still in contact, although I do sense a little nervousness sometimes. Them not me! Funny thing is, I had many discussions with the elders about what I thought, and I still havent been disfellowshiped. Although I am obviously considered a 'human apostate'! lol.

My main concern back then, was of course my wife and children. The two older ones had been raised by my wife and myself, 'in the truth'. (Thats hard to write). My youngest, who is 4, doesnt know anything and doesnt really remember being dragged to meetings. My wife was dragged up in the religion from a very young age.

Since my initial outsbursts,, I learnt to reign it in a bit, in order to try to slowly get my family to see the wood for the trees. My other two children are 12 and 14 by the way. They both have slowly drifted in there thinking, mainly because I used to take them to the meetings, as my wife has bad health issues, and rarely went for the last few years. They were always a bit 'prickly' when we spoke about the religion and my/their beliefs. But slowly things have calmed down.

Here is the great news, which I still cant quite believe. They have now all decided they have had enough!! My wife is even thinking of telling those that are still talking to us, that she cant cope with it anymore, despite the potential consequences. And get this! My son is 13 in two days time, and they all want to have a low key party. Including cards, cake, prezzies and, can I say this out loud, FUN!! We are also planning to go to a bonfire/ fireworks evening at the end of the month. There is even talk of Chrimbo!! I am shocked, in a good way of course.

My wife is struggling with the guilt of not believing, but admitted that she never really wanted the religion, and only kept it together all this time by denial and wanting to keep the status quo. She will get her thoughts sorted. It will take a bit of time for the brainwashing to dissapear I guess. I am so proud of her and appreciate the loyalty she has shown me over the last couple of years.

Now you see why my new username is so apt. Oh happy days ahead!! Bring it on.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yeah! Living life like you were supposed to! Hope you have fun with the upcoming celebrations, especially with the kids.

• Scully
    Scully

That's great news, congratulations!

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Love it love it love it. Thank you for sharing.

Just you watch as your wife's health improves. Being able to live truth works wonders on the whole psyche and body.

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

very encouraging for me, thanks for sharing. I hope I can write the same in the near future...

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Thanks for sharing your good news! That is awesome and encouraging.

Did something specific happen, that caused your kids to wake up and realice they'd "had enough?"

Have fun at the bonfire. What is Chrimbo?

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Bob-NC. I am hoping that her health will improve. Once she can come to terms with what she really thinks. Thanks

Fifth.column. I hope so too. All the best for future for you and your family.

Faithful Witness. Not one specific thing. Although I suppose that once they saw mum backing down and expressing doubts, it allowed them to think freely and express themselves. Also, the indoctrination that we had worked so hard on, thinking it was the right thing to do, soon started to erode, once we stopped going to meetings. They also saw the hypocrisy of those that we had been close too, and helped a lot, back off straight away. Not only from me, but also from my wife. Life long 'friends' dropped her like a ton of bricks. Out of sight, out of mind.

Chrimbo is Christmas. As long as we keep religion out of it and just have an enjoyable time together, it will be fine. Weird but good!

• MissConfused
    MissConfused

Feels so good, isn't it? I had the exact feeling. Got to know TTATT. Took some time to convince hubby. Trying to reverse witness few.. And best part is celebrating all occasions!! We had a blast this summer. Have fun! Congratulations!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My wife is struggling with the guilt of not believing, but admitted that she never really wanted the religion, and only kept it together all this time by denial and wanting to keep the status quo.

I suspect this is the case with many who are still inside. Congrats on your freedom, as well as your family's.

• Ding
    Ding

Congratulations on your family.

I hope your story encourages many others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit