Watchtower study about "Who is the FDS" planned on annual meeting?

by Gorbatchov 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Do I get it right? Is the Watchtower study next sunday about "Who is the FDS?" planned in the same weekend as the Watchtower annual meeting?

This can't be coincidental!

Gorby

• paladin
    paladin

This is perfect timing for the GB to self praise. 3.5 hours of boring talks and don't forget the Warwick retirement acreage.

• prologos
    prologos

I thought to comment on that too, but the FADS study was LAST weekend.

it would have been cheating to just have a resume' like the folks at assembies, one days had.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Even though it just passed, I am sure the timing is to reinforce the idea of that study at the annual meeting.

• prologos
    prologos

right it is a fitting prelude, perhaps ouverture, perhaps already containing the theme to come, coming saturday.

too bad, or telling,-- they had to read the droning assembly instruction letter to muddle things up.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

The WT on who FDS are, was last Sunday. Well it was for us...We had our special assembly day. They did it there, it was more than a summary, each question was answered. We just sat & nodded our heads like we were in agreement, but if folks could talk...it wouldn't be pretty...We have our AGM this Sunday...can't wait to hear what BOMB, they are going lay on us this time...

We need time to catch our breaths from this entire WT. Maybe that is why this meeting is so timely. They are going to try to make us feel & show concern over the fact of the recent WT....

This is how I think the scenario is going to play out...

Welcome Friends,

We are happy to be able to invite all to this annual meeting. Due to the recent adjustments & new understandings, we are glad to share this time with you. We have many long time witnesses...blah blah blah..it will be a pep rally...& also to console us...

Have I missed anything ?

See all of you on Monday, can't wait to come to the site to see what folks will say.

Legacy

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Have you missed anything? They will be begging for money.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

This Sunday's WT study is about watching out for "bad" family members, " honoring Jehovah with our valuable things" (big surprise), limiting our "commercial interests", and keeping the kids in the "truth".

I love this line on money - " we are merely giving to Jehovah what already belongs to him"

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

I love this line on money - " we are merely giving to Jehovah what already belongs to him"

Does that mean that earning money is stealing from Jehovah?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's been said before and I'll say it again: "The god I believe in isn't short of cash, mister." Bono, 1987

Is the annual meeting on Sunday? That's Monday here. Will have to wait til Tuesday to hear about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit