Blind Guide Dog.... Erhmmmm

by CloseTheDoor 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Makes me wonder if Christianity started off with similar stories.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Good point village idiot!
  • Garrett
    Garrett

Wow. I can't believe I've ever denied Jehovah's power, this is definitely his work. There is no way that the reason that this dog went to the meetings even after his companion died was because, and I quote "The dog got into the routine of bringing our brother every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday to the Kingdom Hall."

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    I have a border collie, and it is considered to be among the smartest dog breeds. Even though he is smart, Butch doesn't know the difference between Sunday and Wednesday.
  • Tech49
    Tech49

This "story", or "experience" is the same type of BS as the whole Smurf incident. Its a complete fabrication, and has been embellished upon over the years. I have heard it in several different forms, from the platform at the KH and the Assembly Hall over the years. Every once in a while it pops up, slightly more polished and with a few words changed, but all in all, another bedtime story......

Facebookers just "lap" this stuff up like crazy..... (see what I did there??)

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Oh but the smurf story is definitely true. I heard it from a Witness who would never spread falsehoods.

• Icarus
    Icarus
    The sad thing is that the GB encourages the repeating of these 'not so truths' (errh... lies) at assembly talks, instead of saying, "Really? A dog brought him into the truth? REALLY? Let's stick to the facts, brothers." They allow the JWs to feed on this tripe because it gives everyone that goose-bumpy, feel-good-all-over, clap-till-your hands-get-numb feeling during the last talk at the conventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit