I need a cigarette.

by butalbee 17 Replies latest jw friends

• butalbee
    butalbee

I have absolutely no self control, I gave in to my friend nicotine and I liked it. Somebody should spank me...

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I fought the habit for years.. and even then it took me until last year to finally quit.. Mind you I started quitting in 1999..LOL Patches, gum, none of it worked.. All I would do is torture myself with the thought of a cigarette until of course I lit it up took one drag and there wasn't anything left but the filter..LOL

Good luck in quitting it. It's tough but worth it:)

-Rick

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Hang in there Butalbee

• Imbue
    Imbue

No you don't Bee...you will live with out it and fel better for abstaining...really!

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• TR
    TR
    I need a cigarette.

Damn. I thought you just finished gettin' porked.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• butalbee
    butalbee

very funny, TR.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi, I don't know if you've seen my threads about smoking but I've just passed the 3 month stage of quitting. I know exactly how hard it is to give up, this was my third attempt. When I read your post, I could see that you are almost at an obsessed stage. This is where your concentration on wishing to give up is actually focusing your mind not only on smoking but on the fact you have an addiction. This is very negative and self defeating. You must tell yourself, that in actual fact, YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM and YOU DO NOT SMOKE. You are ALREADY A NON-SMOKER.
    This works, believe me. The moments of weakness still come but never last more than 3 - 4 minutes and then your mind is off onto something else.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

From what you wrote, I doubt you are really ready to quit smoking. Every smoker wants to quit - someday. Until you are REALLY serious about it and REALLY WANT to quit now you will always give in.

Quitting is probably the single best lifestyle choice you can make and I hope you do. I've heard good things about Zyban, but like everything else, it only works if you want it to work.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit