Finally Did It

by rmayer32 15 Replies latest jw friends

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Well I finally ordered Crisis of Conscience. Even though I've been DA'd since 1989 the truth is that I always considered it to still be the truth up until a couple of years ago when I started researching more through sites like this. I never got around to getting my hands on that book though, and now can't wait until it arrives.

Funny though how the mind control thing can work even over 10 years after you're out though. Thanks to the internet though I was finally able to de-program myself. Hopefully any doubters and lurkers out there will take the time to do the research for themselves much sooner then I did so as not to walk around for a good 11 years thinking that you're just doomed if you don't go back.

-Rick

• LDH
    LDH

Rick just wanted to say welcome to the board.

I saw some of your other posts, and dammit! Us girls want to see you in your dress blues!

Lisa

• Solace
    Solace

Welcome.
    I also read C.C.
    It was so helpful!
    It does help to get feedback from others.
    I could never understand why I was the only one seeing all these flaws in the society. It was amazing to see that so many others managed to put it all together and then some!
    I am still learning so much!

• og
    og

What helped me with the guilt was doing some of the 'forbidden' stuff. Turns out I like a cigar now and then, and catching up on all the great R rated movies of the last years has been pure joy.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I am just going to have to get this book C of C. Think I'll check to see if the local library carries it. I can read it while my wife is attending one of those useless meetings.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Welcome Rick: You will enjoy Crisis of Conscience ... then, be sure to read the sequal by Ray Franz, In Search of Christian Freedom ... whatever "Crisis" does not say, "In Search" will finish it, like he chapter on blood ... be prepared for some emotional moments.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• TexSham
    TexSham

The fact that you were creeped out that long really gives me the creeps.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Rick I ahven't read C of C since 1984. I've been thinking lately that it's time I re read it. I wonder if I will like it as much the second time all these years later. Enjoy the read!

Marilyn

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Rick...welcome to the DB btw.

I felt the same way about the 'troof' when I left. I wouldn't go near anything if I thought it was apostate....hell I wouldn't even have xmas for 2 yrs after my exit...that was for pagans LOL.

I am not quite finished the COC...I picked it up and couldn't put it down..I thought it was going to be one of those 'hard to read' books with a lot of references to WT articles. I was quite surprised...and if it wasn't for a family inicident...I would have completed reading it by now.

Good to see you posting and looking forward to reading more from you.

Beck

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Mayer32

I wish everyone getting df'd or da'd would receive a complementary copy of COC, so they know they are doing the right thing.

Glad to hear you are healing.

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit