By the pricking of my thumbs....

by Xander 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• seedy3
    seedy3

Most receintly My wife had a friend that passed away we were going through her things looking for pictures for the rosery and funeral, plus the news paper for the obituary, we found some but not what we were wanting, exept for this one that was really only a thumbnail print of a bunch pictures we needed the negative to have it printed. I had been feeling a presence almost since she had passed (I seldom have seen spirits, I feel them more then see them) as we were sitting there going through the negatives we had found, I got a thought in my head that said the negative was still in the house in a cabinet that high up. Now mind you we had already searched all the cabinets and closets, but to no avail. As I walked back over to her house, I opened the door stepped inside and imeditally was given a message to look in that cabinet on the second shelf, there it was, the negatives we had been searching for, BUT we had already searched this cabinet. I still feel her presence at times, she was always a pest in real life I don't mean that bad, but I kinda get a kick out of her in the after life now as well cause she still pesters me and I was never really her friend she was my wifes close friend.

Another expierence, I was at BBQ one night with some friends, I thnk it was a christening for a relitive of one of my friends, I went to the jungle to drain some of the beer and all of a sudden an old looking native man came out of no where, he looked pale almost transparent, he did not speak with words, but I could sence him, he instructed me to take a bunch of seed pods from a tree, and to keep them as a gift. I have no idea why he did, but I feel it was a way of saying that the Taotaomunas (the ancient spirits on Guam, pronounced tao-tao-moon-ah) accepted me as a friend. I live in a area of the island, that has many spirits, people that know I deal with them have often come to me for help when they are being bothered by them, as I said earlier there are some that can get troublesome if you disrespect them and the Taotaomunas are very protective of their areas and objects that they feel are theirs, they will teach you a lesson, so to speak. Often you have ot try to figure wout what you did, return to that place, and then perform some sort of apology to them, most often they will accept it.

The locals here have their own "Witchdoctors" that are called Sirujanas (pronounced ser-u-ha-nah), they often also deal with the local spirits the same as I do, but seem to have a more superstious approch to them, almost fear them. I give them respect but do not fear them.

My older son comunicates with the Taotaomunas quite often and sees them as well. he also has no fear of them, but always shows them respect. They seem to have adopted him, in a way, as a friend. I have known them to wake him up in the middle of the night to show him a problem, like someone walking through yard and such.

I guess if that is what you were looking for Xander, that is a couple of them.

Seedy

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Whew, good to see I'm not alone. I agree that paganism is much harder to define as it can encompass many things. The "formal Dogma" of Wicca encompasses only one rule. Even then some covens may not adhere to that. I'm a bit more shy about revealing my beliefs in public but I do wear a necklace with the infinite circle on it. Most people are ignorant of Wicca/Paganism so everything but a pentacle can be shown without drawing attention. Even my necklace with the Goddess Artemis on it doesn't even garner a second glance.
    I think the biggest draw also for people to paganism is that it is made up of free expression and is non judgemental even towards people of other faiths.
    On a side note: How do you check a profile?

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hi gsx1138,

I don't always tell everyone I'm pagan, but I am open about it. I have never told any of my family outside of my wife and kids. I do this only so as not to put my mother in her grave, I think she would have a heart attack if she found out, But most anyone else that knows me knows I am a pagan.

As far as checking a profile, look under the name in a post and you see what looks like a little post card, click on that and it will bring up a smaller box with a persons profile.

Seedy

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Just thought I would add an answer to your above question Xander about what proof do we have to show outsiders. Most witches I know would refuse to show anyone what they could do even if they could shoot fireballs or whatever (which they can't). They believe that secular religion's are the ones who constantly need to prove that they are the real deal. This need may stem from the fact that you're following someone elses idea of God. As for some of my personal experiences, I guess I'll share since Seedy3 has been nice enough to share his. When I was younger I used to play in the woods. There was an area where the trees grew into one another to create these paths. While playing there I could feel something moving through me and playing around the area as well. I would go there often to play with the "spirits" (I don't know how else to define them) despite being told that any spirits we meet in the world are demons (good ol' JW thinkin).
    Everyday at least 3 times a day I can sing a song in my head turn on the radio and sure enough it is playing. These are different songs at different times. I think of it more as intuition and believe that everyone has this if they train that properly.
    Again, when I was young I used to stay up late and sneak out to feel the woods. I would also sit and talk to the moon about my problems which were plentiful being raised a JW.
    All of the things I did when I was younger did not come together and make sense until 20 years after the fact and 10 years after being DF'd. There are others but I don't want to spam the board with my life story all in one night ;^)

On a side note: I just figured out how to check someones profile.
    Also, thank you for your stories Seedy very interesting stuff and I do appreciate it.

• Xander
    Xander

Cool. Well, I don't have much to share. All I really have is the deja vu thing. I've read a lot of explanations of why it happens - supposedly, it is part of your mind working very fast and processing information before the rest of your mind catches up - as it processes it again, you get the feeling of having experience it before.

Which is fine and good, and I kept telling myself that was what was happening whenever I had deja vu (the alternative, of course, was that I was possessed, which I found hard to accept when I was standing on a platform giving a talk).

In any case, the only thing that really made me suspicious of it was that, at times, I had that feeling, but could finish someone's sentence, for example. I mean, I KNEW what they were going to say - it really, REALLY felt like deja vu, but I dunno, faster somehow. Like instead of a momentary 'I've done this before' it's more of a 'I've done this before, and this is about to happen' and it does.

What's weird is that, several times, when the 'period' is fairly long (15-20 seconds or so), I can actually remember back to what I was doing when I first saw myself doing this stuff - usually a day or so earlier.

As you can imagine, for a witness, it freaked the hell out of me. I kept telling myself 'it's just your mind thinking fast', 'it's just your mind thinking fast' when it was obvious I knew things were happening that I couldn't POSSIBLY have known.

It's been many years since I last experienced something like that, where I live has changed, most of my possessions have changed, the people I hang with have changed. I'm very skeptical of such things now, but looking back, I can't help but wonder. Maybe....just maybe...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Xander
    Xander

And I'll add another experience. Again, something as a JW I completely dismissed...

Back in 7th grade (woo-boy, long time ago), I ran into a guy in my music class. I can't describe how it felt - it's like when you run into a close friend after years apart, or a family member. They look different, but you know them. You know their name, you know what their hobbies are, their likes, dislikes, etc.

Anyway, that's what it was like. Like two old buddies, we caught up on our experiences, told some jokes, generally got along like best friends. He knew me. I knew him. And kept going for a week or so.

I don't remember what topic came up, but it occurred to me he was referring to an elementary school in another state than I went to. Then I started thinking about it, and realized...we had never met before. I mean, I KNEW him. I KNEW him, and he knew me just as well.

But, as we talked about it - we couldn't find ANYTHING in common with our past. We had really, REALLY never met - weren't even in the same state until recently. Certainly never met, became best friends, and seperated.

Of course, this was WAY too much for my JW-conditioned mind to accept - so I just proceeded assuming we had indeed both met, become best friends, seperated, then both completely forgot about it all. Anyway, at some point before baptism, I talked this over with the MS studying with me (father wasn't 'in the truth', so mom had a bro study with me [8>]), and he talked about it with the elders. They all agreed I should stop associating with this person (apparently, he must have been satanic and using demons to plant false feelings in my mind [8>][8>])

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Interesting. Most wiccans believe in reincarnation and that could explain how you knew the other guy. Reincarnation is not only the most accepted belief on earth it is hard to explain. I use the example of energy not being able to be destroyed. As far as Deja Vu, it could be some type of intuition. I'm a pretty cynical and skeptical bastard so I try to look at things from all angles and decide what makes sense to me. If anything you can attribute Deja vu to quantum physics...another you in another dimension just completed the same task before you and the two of you cross too close to each other and the other self's mental imprint transfers to you. Whew, and I thought explaining reincarnation was tough. :^)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Sorry Im late.
    About 8 years ago I started to get involved in meditation, channelling, remote viewing, etc.
    There are a group of us still involved in these activities here in melb. Ex Dubs.Some members are working still on using electronic means to contact other dimensions.

About 5 years ago I got involved with a "Black magician" who has posted on this board under the name "Nimrod".
    We did considerable experimentation with ritual especially, getting a small group together and focusing the ritual and energies upon achieving a single desired aim, to be manifested into reality for just one member. Nimrod.
    Suffice to say, the rituals WORKED.
    The results were attained in the time frame established. However the resultant consequences were awful.
    Nimrod got what he asked for, but when he got it, he didnt want it any more!
    Too late.It appears from my observations, that if you pray to the God of "Chaos', chaos you will get!
    Anyway.
    During Rituals I saw and experienced things I wont soon forget.
    Overwhelming energies, sounds, mirrors falling to the floor.
    I established personal screens to rule out the possibility of being decieved by trickery during all this, telling noone what my screens were. Ive done this with various Meditation and manifestation groups.
    I dont believe I was misled.

Perhaps Ive just got an overactive imagination.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Ok guys, I am spooked!!!! I have been reading all your post about wicca, witches, seeing things etc. My children have some very old
    cards with words on them for learning. Guess what the one , the only one out of the stack, laying right by my mouse says?
    Witch. !!!! With the word in a sentence right under it.. I dress up as a witch for Halloween. Is this my calling? LOL But weird huh?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Prisca, here is a link re Psychic Self Defense:

http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/defense.htm

Wicca.com has some good information on the whole subject really, as does paganpath.com

I'm really happy to hear from all the pagans/wiccans/witches on this board! Its great. As far as putting a label on myself, I'm pagan, although I lean towards Wicca as a guideline for how I do things.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit