CourtTV - A JW Case

by Mister Biggs 20 Replies latest social current

• Almost There
    Almost There

This murder happened in the city I was raised in. She use to attend the Mansfield South Congregation.

When this happened, my mother told me about the circumstances. The elders told her that she should reveal who the real father was, because she was applying for child support.

I don't think she was raised a JW. Because Mansfield, Ohio is a small city and I would have known her.

Now that I think about when this happened. My mother commented that sometimes the elders need to stay out of peoples business. She stated, that it was obvious that the girl was afraid to reveal the father.

Almost There

• Scully
    Scully

Gosh, do ya think maybe she had a GOOD REASON to be afraid to reveal who the baby's father is??? Sheesh. She ended up DEAD, after all.

If the elders HAD minded their own damn business, as it is sometimes "supposed" to be, this young woman would probably still be alive, and her child would likely still have its mother.

Love, Scully

• Panda
    Panda

Remember the suit he had on too... very KH looking whatd'ya think
    MB
    This all stinks og elder-care. Gosh I remember when I tried to get help for a friend who had been jumped on by an elder in bed. Well, what the elders wanted to talk about was the elder's wife's alcoholic problem! GoodGrief [>:(]

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Too bad the reporter didn't draw these same conclusions on public TV.

• COMF
    COMF

You guys really do go overboard finding ways to make stuff be the Watchtower's fault. I know, we don't like them and they deceive and rip people off and ruin their lives, sure. But let's keep a grip on reality, okay?

If the girl applies for welfare and she's not receiving child support, then the government requires that she reveal the father so that they can hold him accountable. Why should government taxes pay for the child's needs while he does nothing? Makes perfect sense to me.

So, the girl asks the elders what she should do. They know she needs the money; they know that she can get it by giving the name. They also know the father should be supporting his child, but he isn't.

What idiot would advise the woman, "Naw... I don't think you should tell them" in this scenario?

COMF

A book of verses underneath the bough,
    A jug of wine, a loaf of bread--and thou
    Beside me singing in the wilderness
    Oh, wilderness were paradise enow!

• Panda
    Panda

You are kidding right? Let's see should the father pay child support...you bet. Should the mother place herself in the dangerous situation...you know that answer. Ok so she made some wrong decisions. Getting involved with this creep who was already married was the worst. Does that mean she deserved to die? Brutally murdered because no one chose to recognize the danger she spoke of was real...not just some female hysteria.

Or maybe , rather than blame the killer we should just say that women who excercize bad judgement deserve to die violent deaths?

Are the jws 100% to blame? However, The elders were advertising themselves as spiritual men who knew how to care for the flock because they were chosen by the annointed slave to represent christs bride blah blah blah. Any minister or priest should be held accountable for not giving the council ...be cautious as serpents yet innocent as doves... I can hear it now..."maybe if you reason with him that ruining his family isn't as bad as hiding the truth of his parenting your kid." Yeah right. If a psychiatrist neglected to warn a patient that certain behavior may be deadly, you could sue. If the elders advise you only on this tell the truth bullshit... well at least they were right about one thing..it could be life threatening.

Hey, do you think they'll look after the orphan???

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

COMF-
    I think the facts speak for themselves.

Panda-
    When the religious guy was talking, I kept saying to myself that he sounded like a Dub but they had that big shining cross in the background.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi:

This is Ronin1

I read this post. I am appalled at the elders insensitivity to this dangerous situation and their "holier than thou" attitudes.

I have been a JW since I was 14; I am now 45. My years in the JW organization has taught me many lessons. Regarding this story, here is the lesson to learn:

DO NOT GO TO THE ELDERS WITH YOUR PERSONAL BUSINESS OR PROBLEMS. THEY ARE INCAPABLE OF HANDLING THEIR OWN PERSONAL BUSINESS OR PROBLEMS.

PRAY TO JEHOVAH AND CONSULT ONLY A CLOSE TRUSTED FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER. AND IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE, MAKE THE DECISION YOURSELF.

This JW is dead because of the very bad elder "advise" she received.

Many on this post may not agree with my comments, but so be it.

I have seen to much garbage and stupidity going on in the organization.

Ronin1

• one
    one

yk,

why you think she wento to the elders?

obviously FEAR, what else?
    The father was a policeman she never wanted to upset.
    But now she is a jw and dont have time to work but to go from door to door. MONEY IS NEEDED from scaring source. What city was this by the way?

What did they do, their advise?

Did the knowitall elders told her to be cautious as serpent?

• Satanus
    Satanus

More blood on the watch tower. How many of the good guys in the bible lied or used deception? Solomon, david, jesus, jacob, a few of the yahweh prophets, peter, paul to name a few.

So, what would have been the problem w a little lie, like saying she didn't know who was the father? This is really sad.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit