Talk out loud in public places...new preaching method? And go bags..

by snare&racket 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Tent, food, radio, torch, literature...I have no idea beyond that.. I think they mean the great tribulation and assumed difficulties and threats arising in the end. I know it is all a crazy contradiction and madness, but they insisted it is very common now In their locality now. This JW said they decided not to prepare one as a family and thought it was a bit too odd, even laughed a little embarassingly about it.

I have heard JW's in the north prepare these go bags too, but not sure if in same numbers as in the south. Also no idea where the idea is coming from! a letter? A talk? A random co/do ?

It is 100% true for sure, but I just had not heard of it before. I left in 05 ish

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

one is a new preaching method, going to public places in a group e.g. a cafe, and then talking of the topic quite loudly, for example maybe studying a watchtower or a chapter in a publication.

Sounds like a good way to get thrown out of a restaurant. Customers think the JWs are kooky enough walking in ten at a time in their suits for break time at Mcdonalds or Starbucks.

• Listener
    Listener

Are you told to take these go bags everywhere, such as leaving them in your car or are they left at home?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Here in NYC there are many religious freaks on the subways already, so is the society trying to get rid of the many table set ups in the stations and have them start shouting on the subways about Jah like all the rest of the mentally ill Jesus freaks?

• prologos
    prologos

It is not always smart to abondon your house, even if damadged. here in place x, they, wt wizards, planned have all the members converge on one large property.

we prefer to have a truck camper, boat ready and stocked in the front/back yard, plus the place set up with fire wood, water . and

we dont need a sign: "you loot we shoot" either.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

There was an item in the KM last year on Go Bags. It got the JWs excited around my neck of the woods.

I did point out that where we live it's not exactly disaster land. And what if the disaster strikes when you're at work...? A stony silence ensued.

As for 'Loud Witnessing' I'd like them to try that in front of some of the ex-JW's here.

"So what is your current understanding of 'generation'? Why did God allow you to preach and teach the old versions in his divine name given that they weren't true? For decades..."

Gah.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

My mum's been doing the "loud ministry" since she became a JW.

Actually, she does worse than than... For example, when she gets at the till in any supermarket, she empties her whole handbag (= Bible + magazines ) on the conveyer belt to find her wallet.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

I'm in the north of the UK, and can confirm the o go bags are a platform mandated thing. It was stressed at ours that it was for natural disasters but with a big wink as if to say "you know what it's REALLY for! TBH it's a good idea anyway, we've had some serious floods here before...

• carla
    carla

Can you imagine a scenario where they are loud 'preaching' in a public place and an apostate is sitting right at the next table and also begins loud anti-witnessing? "Joe, did I ever tell you about the all the pedophiles in the jw's?, Do you know how many times they have flip flopped on ......"

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hi snare&racket,

Where did you get the info about this method being used in the south of the UK. I attend meetings in this area and have not heard anything about it.

It might be something that the CO is tasked with mention during their visits but it certainly not been mentioned in the literature, via letters, local needs or DC/CA/SAD items.

Go bags are old news. People have them but the buzz has long since gone in my neck of the woods at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit