Talk out loud in public places...new preaching method? And go bags..

by snare&racket 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have been told of two things I had not heard of before.

one is a new preaching method, going to public places in a group e.g. a cafe, and then talking of the topic quite loudly, for example maybe studying a watchtower or a chapter in a publication. The idea being that people listen in and enquire etc etc

This VERY deceitful method is apparently being used now inn the UK, in the south. Maybe it is one of those local crazy fads,seen in JW's. But apparantly it isn't.

So anyone know much about it?

also 'go bags'... A bag with a tent, food, supplies etc in case of great trib, armageddon or a disaster. Apparantly that is big in the south of uk now too. I asked if its just an odd few, but apparantly not,, many have gone ahead and done it.

any iinfo on this too?

man JW life seems so wierd to me nowadays....

snare x

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"we're the rulers, not the annointed." "do what we say, no matter how crazy it may seem." "Oh, by the way, get your Great Tribulation(tm) bags ready so you can escape when we tell you to." Sounds crazy to me.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

As far as the speaking loudly in public I believe it must be a habit of a few zealous dubs. I live in the U.S. and that tactic was/is used regularly on public transportation- I used to do it all the time with my service partners.

The 2nd also is something that my last congregation encouraged- they wanted you to have supplies ready in case of an emergency, not specifically Armaggedon although it was heavily implied.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s like to put on a Show..

Get a group of them in a Restaraunt..

One of them will make a Showy Display of Prayer..

For the entire JW Group..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh geeze...

Having a go-bag is common sense, no matter the religion. The are that I live in is long overdue for an earthquake. A huge fault line runs through my area. So planning ahead is pretty smart.

• steve2
    steve2

Displays of godly behavior are absolutely essential. These displays send goose-bumps up and down the spines of righteous people.

It is not enough to pray silently to Jehovah. He may not receive the message due to the babel of the public setting. It does no good to be humble and discreet for Jehovah may not realize you have sent him a prayer. In a public place, you must gather everyone together in your group, ensure you have their complete attention (babies, teenagers and the elderly are especially hard to keep quiet), ensure each individual's head is bowed and solemnly give thanks to Jehovah; this is all the more potent if you are wearing a tie and suit. Endeavor to say Jehovah's name somewhat louder than the rest of the prayer so that non-praying patrons elsewhere in the establishment know you are Jehovah's witnesses.

• losingit
    losingit

Hmmm, I preached on buses here in the US and it does not sound like what the OP is talking about. We'd go on the bus when the weather was awful, and wait til someone sat next to us. Then we would preachto that person. Pioneers in the city often did this to get ttheir time in. For the blazing hot summers and freezing cold winters when street witnessing was just not physically possible, preachng on public transportation was the way to go.

As far as the GT bags, noone billed it as such from theplatform.There was lots of talk about natural ddisasters andsuch being the rreason why we needed to gave such items ready. Howeverthe ddiscussion amongst' friends' was different. They were GT bags.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Disaster Preparedness is always a good idea, but in reference to an "Armageddon Bag," all I can say is that I thought Jehovah was supposed to take care of his people then?

The Israelites weren't commanded to make an "Exodus Bag" before their soire through the Red Sea. I can't wait for the GB to tell everyone to kill their family dog and paint its blood on their doorpost.

BTW, the Kool-aid line forms on the left ...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I asked the person who told me if the bags were for natural disasters, they said repeatedly...no for armageddon.

i assume it is just a zealous C.O. OR D.O causing a stir and trying to excite the hen house by shouting 'fox'

AS for the ministry thing, I was told it was a new tactic, not a private idea or the old JW witnessing by example b.s.

I was told pioneers now go to Mc Donalds for example and discuss in groups WT topics etc and count their time and try to get people's attention as if bu accident, but with full intention. It may be the same C.O. /D.O. full of good ideas Lol

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

S&R: I asked the person who told me if the bags were for natural disasters, they said repeatedly...no for armageddon.

So what exactly would a person put in an "Armageddon Bag" ... ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit