warwick experience, sounds like propaganda?

by fadethisbitch 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fadethisbitch
    fadethisbitch

Recieved this email a few days ago, it reads like a typical JW chain email that gets forwarded around. But it almost sounds like something the writing dept would start circulating as fiction propaganda.....

Subject: Warwick experience

HAPPY WITHOUT A DUMP TRUCK

Hello All,
    I had to share an experience I had today.
    This morning as I worked with a group of brothers and sisters at Warwick building storm water storage cells (see picture), I was somewhat bemoaning the prospect of not being able to drive the giant dump trucks anymore. Not that I wasn’t enjoying myself, but let’s just admit it. Most jobs pale in comparison to four-wheeling that giant moon-rover around. Before the building permits were issued, the crew was much smaller and there was more occasion for a lowly RBC person to stumble into unimaginable training opportunities. Now, however, this place is crawling like an ant-hill, with lots of brothers and sisters having years of experience pouring in from all over the country to help. No more dump-trucks for me it would seem.

As I worked this morning (gazing longingly now and then at a passing dump truck), I had the privilege of meeting a wonderful pioneer brother in his seventies who flew here all the way from Anchorage Alaska last week to temp here for a month. He didn’t apply; Bethel called him personally and asked if he would like to come. He discussed it with the other brothers on the body, and they strongly encouraged him to GO! They said he needed the break, and his whole congregation supported him. So why would Bethel call an elderly (though seriously the guy is tall and strong as an ox) man to come half way around the world to put together these storm water storage cells, what looks like a bunch of glorified plastic shelves from Home Depot? The answer is, they didn’t. They called him because he’s driven dump trucks and heavy equipment for 50 years. I would wager there are few people on the whole property with as much experience as this brother. And so why in the world, once he got here, would they send him down the hill with a bunch of sisters to do something completely different? The answer to that one is, because Jehovah is directing this work.

Tom’s wife of many years has Alzheimer’s Disease. She neither knows who he is nor is able to communicate with him anymore, and he has been her primary caregiver for several years. He told me at one point that he felt bad, that his wife was the one who deserved to be here, because he had opposed her for many years before he was “won without a word” (1 Peter 3:1) by her fine conduct. Nevertheless, after much prayer and planning so his wife would have round the clock care, he came. One of the things he shared during the course of the day was that most of the time home alone with her he has no one to communicate with because of her condition. I’m sure it must get very lonely for him at times. It occurred to me that Jehovah knew exactly what this brother needed…he needed association! After all, who do you talk to driving around in a dump truck all day? I know from experience…no one! There’s a sister here who Bethel put through school so she could get her CDL, and one of the things she said a while back about the job is that it gets lonesome driving around alone all day, driving past brothers and sisters talking and laughing as they work. So, believe me, this brother could care less about driving a dump truck. He was thrilled to be here, and to be working with us. He couldn’t stop talking. It seemed that all the words he’s been storing up he was getting out. I’d see him with various brothers and sisters, telling pieces of his story, or someone pouring theirs out to him. It brought tears to my eyes as I realized the trueness of what I’ve heard reiterated over and over at the morning talk given to the RBC/Bethel workers at Tuxedo over the last few months: This is a SPIRITUAL project. The project is secondary to the spiritual blessings received and spiritual qualities developed by those who participate. This project is accomplishing Jehovah’s will with respect to moving the world headquarters, but more importantly it’s meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of many of the friends who have come here. So Tom was invited here by Jehovah to “find refreshment for his soul” (Matthew 11:29)”, not to drive a dump truck – and there is no age limit on refreshment.

One of the brothers on the Construction Project Committee told me today that this is the most integrated project that has ever been done, using RBC so heavily. They tell us often, “This is not a “Bethel” project nor is it an “RBC” project. This is a “CPC” project (Construction Project Committee).” Directly appointed by the Governing Body and authorized to accomplish this project however they see fit. Thus, they see fit to use the “foolish things of the world” (1 Cor. 1:27). Many times I’ve looked around and, even though I’ve never worked on a project like this before, I can feel that something is different. Jehovah is doing something very different here. He is bringing together people who probably never imagined they would have the privilege of working on a project like this – yours truly included. At times I’ve looked around and said “I wonder how that person got in??” Then I laugh and say to myself “Wait a minute, how did YOU get in???” It feels like a great equalizing is happening, where Jehovah is bringing in those who might have felt no good to Jehovah for one reason or another, or too old, too used up, and with great tender care his is showing us as individuals how precious we are to him. That’s the God we worship.

Too, we’ve been told on this project that we need to stop thinking like a tribe and think like a nation. They’re from Benjamin and we’re from Judah. “They’re Bethel and we’re RBC”, “That’s a pioneer and I’m only a publisher”, “This is my crew and that’s their crew, and their crew is in my way”! No, instead, he is unifying his people and training them to be not just ministers but a cooperative group of builders, in anticipation of the great building work to come after Armageddon.

I find several morals in Tom’s story:

1. Join RBC! For goodness sake!

2. Become familiar with and be vigilant about updating your Builders Assist profile. The branch knew of Tom way up in Alaska because of his Builders Assist profile which the branch can access.

3. Bloom where you’re planted. Ask yourself why Jehovah has planted you where you are and forget about passing dump trucks. What is the blessing here? How can I grow?

4. Enjoy and talk to your loved ones while they still know who you are.

5. Stop thinking like a tribe and think like a nation.

6. Call the Warwick Personnel desk and find out how to apply to do temp work here. Come and be refreshed. And don’t worry about how old (Psalm 92:14) or unqualified (2 Cor. 3:5) you are! Let Jehovah decide. The reason you come may have little to do with construction.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Thus, they see fit to use the “foolish things of the world”

The writer has yet to realize how true this statement is!

• Oubliette
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    They called him because he’s driven dump trucks and heavy equipment for 50 years.
    I would wager there are few people on the whole property with as much experience as this brother.
    And so why in the world, once he got here, would they send him down the hill with a bunch of sisters to do something completely different?

Because..

The WBT$ is Run By..

WatchTards!.

.............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• baltar447
    baltar447

I had to stop reading at "alzheimers".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I had to stop reading at "alzheimers".

They let the JW Woman with Alzheimers Drive the Dump Truck..

All the JWs she ran over were treated by the WBT$ Emergency Medical Team..

2 JWs who were Bakers..

Any JW that was Injured was Wrapped in Dough and..

Popped in the Oven for 20 minutes..

...........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So this older brother paid to go to Warwick and volunteer his labor... OK...

• Gayle
    Gayle

Sounds like Personnel Dept is desperate for workers.. doing some sort of sugar-coating the place as ooey-gooey with a lot of love or appreciation. They just want workers, willing to work, & work hard for nothing.

Calling in someone in his 70s out of some goodness of their heart to a place where there's massive construction need when they've been demoting many many Bethelites & send them out to the Special Pioneer Pastures. Something's warped in this fantasy la-la.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Outlaw, you never disappoint

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Do people actually read these? That's a lot of text to read that just says "omg jehovah saves"! Even my devout mom never read these JW chain e-mails.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit