Is John Barr's funeral talk at odds with New Light?

by Splash 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dagney
    Dagney

lol designs.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Poor guy had already lost it in the late seventies when I met him. They had him cutting newspaper articles out all day long at Bethel, related to what I can't remember.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good catch Splash! (loved the movie)

One must understand that the slave, although used in a singular sense, is actually a composite group where decisions are made collectively. Therefore, the collective consciousness of the FDS, whether here on earth or in heaven during the "time of the end" serves as a singular entity, thereby singularly attaching their collective composite nature, forming, in essence, a new creation. This singular collective composition creates an understanding similar to the Trinity doctrine in that it is collectively, the singular most difficult composition to understand...evidently.

It is with this understanding that the Jack Barr position is perfectly acceptable as in line with current, somewhat muddled, dare I say opaque light.

SOP

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

So did this guy serve on the GB until 2010? I find that very strange because he was becoming senile when I met him and he must have only been in his sixties then.

• caliber
    caliber

John E. Barr - August 13, 1913 - December 4 2010 .. would have been 60 in 1973

photo's with his wife here

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/219040/1/John-Barrs-Memorial-Brochure#.UksqvHTge-k

"He seemed a decent enough guy - a kindly old man. Probably the last of the "old school". How much of a communal responsibilty he shares for some of the damaging GB policies - who knows? Franz doesn't say much about him - I would imagine he was something of a lightweight , probably something of a moderating force." ~~~ Dozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit