Combatting cult mind control by steven hassan

by goddidit 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So I am going to thoroughly answer your opening post.

I went through years of obeying Watchtower and being careful about "outside" research.
    But one day, after determining that something was wrong with Watchtower, I decided not to be afraid to simply "Google" them and go wherever it took me. I discovered Combatting Cult Mind Control early on. It was my very first eye-opener book about cults. I read it even before reading Ray Franz' books.

It did sort of unprogram me. It talked nothing about JW's, yet it was clearly applicable to everything about JW's.

But I don't think you can get your average JW to pick it up and read it. They should be able to, because they are so sure JW's are not in a cult and the book should not apply to their religion at all. But they seem to be at an impasse when it comes to opening up Christian materials and materials that might be negative about beliefs. Somehow, they just seem to know that such books as CCMC are bad for their brain contentedness.

I very much so doubt that your friend would read the book. Still, you never know unless you try.

CCMC is the book that convinces the reader that he is in a cult.
    Releasing the Bonds would be the book to help someone else out.

In my opinion, I wouldn't even consider Releasing the Bonds methods unless I had read the awesome first book that convinced me that Hassan knows what he is talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit