Annual Meeting Agenda

by Bob_NC 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Presented under the guise of Jehovah's progressive organization and/or speeding things up during the last days. 1. Announcements about "simplifying arrangements" worldwide, consolidations, moving operations from one country to another. A smoke screen for shutting down facilities and laying off workers. 2. A nnouncement about a simplified missionary arrangement. Missionary homes being closed worldwide and the local brothers providing housing for missionaries in their country. 3. Announcement about the great need for volunteers at the Warwick, NY construction site, how to volunteer, skills needed and so forth. 4. Announcement about an immediate need for $35 million for seed construction project, ways you can contribute and so forth. 5. Release of the new NWT will be towards he end of the meeting. Praise will be on the quality of the print and binding and how similar Bibles sell for $40.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Bob:

Is this conjecture or do you have inside info?

Take Care

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Bob_NC, I know we do a lot of kidding around on this forum; so are you serious. I also was told that the AGM is expected to last 3 1/2 hours. Can you confirm please?

• Splash
    Splash

All i can confirm is the duration - 3.5 hrs without a break but that does include a 30min wt review.

Splash

• Listener
    Listener

No. 4 - a seed construction project?

If this is true, it sounds like they are planning to provide seeds for the poorer countries, they'll surely have to become involved in a lot of politics if they do this and they'll be competing against multi national businessess that currently sell their seeds to poor countries.

No doubt, given the title of the talks that will speed things up one way or the other.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I want to joke and say that this comes directly from Jehovah, since we are all used to that sort of thing. But, my apologies, I should have qualified my post as pure conjecture aka speculation. However, it is all based on information stirred around over the past few weeks.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I reckon your conjecture will be very close to what actually happens.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Nah this is not real, they would never say number 2 or 4 they sound awful No matter how it is squared away, thry don't want to hear sbout money, money, money or dumping missionaries on the kerb, despite it all happening.

Also I heard much of the Warwick project is being subcontracted to non JW construction teams, may e they will ask for assistance a little later on, though they may mention it.

They may put a spin on downsizing as I know even hardened JW's are confused over the closing down of facilities, reduction in mags, some are still bemused by the book study going. I can't see how they can spin both 'the end is coming' and 'we are slowing things down' ....people are not stupid, they know that efficiency is not increased by halfing mags and closing bethels, that is halfing literature output not increasing efficiency.

As for the new bible, I would be blown away if they did this... Unless it is just a change in style and not a new version. A new style will be an anticlimax for the listeners, a nee version will spark,lots of questions about what on earth they have been sharing with people for the last 50 years!

One thing is for sure, it is guaranteed to be s huge anti climax for the people listening in. Hopefully it will demystify the Gov Body too, just men...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Nah this is not real, they would never say number 2 or 4 they sound awful No matter how it is squared away, thry don't want to hear sbout money, money, money or dumping missionaries on the kerb, despite it all happening.

Also I heard much of the Warwick project is being subcontracted to non JW construction teams, may e they will ask for assistance a little later on, though they may mention it.

They may put a spin on downsizing as I know even hardened JW's are confused over the closing down of facilities, reduction in mags, some are still bemused by the book study going. I can't see how they can spin both 'the end is coming' and 'we are slowing things down' ....people are not stupid, they know that efficiency is not increased by halfing mags and closing bethels, that is halfing literature output not increasing efficiency.

As for the new bible, I would be blown away if they did this... Unless it is just a change in style and not a new version. A new style will be an anticlimax for the listeners, a nee version will spark,lots of questions about what on earth they have been sharing with people for the last 50 years!

One thing is for sure, it is guaranteed to be s huge anti climax for the people listening in. Hopefully it will demystify the Gov Body too, just men...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1. Even with volunteer workers, we need to spend less money.

2. Even with our virtually free overseas workers, we need to spend less of our own money and pass on the cost to the members.

3. As much as we need your money, we may also need your free labor.

4. Most of you cannot leave to give us your free labor, but that's okay because we really need your money.

5. A new Bible is coming. For this wonderful gift, we hope to get your money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit